Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

Red face LF ~ Programmer ?

I am looking for someone who knows quite a bit how to set a few things within eqemu and knows how to use C++ better than I do

I will pay for your services if I can get the help and or answerers that I need
much appreciated.

-Producer
Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
haynar
Developer

You do realize how much a good programmer costs, right?

Good luck with your project though.

Haynar
Old 10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

What are your project requirements? Will you need steady and consistent help with the project in the future (in other words: do you need a retainer?).

Answer those questions yourself with some research and that alone will save you a bit of cash when dealing with a freelancer.

That being said, here is an example of what you can expect: (from my personal freelance experience).

man hours run from 75usd to 95usd (in my area, could vary greatly based on where you are located). You pay the first 50% on signing and the rest upon delivery. Retainers vary greatly based on the individual case.

Consults are generally allocated with the project as man hours. (mandatory .5 man hour per call).

Just so you know what you're asking.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

Oh well , im just looking for simple help didin't know what i was getting my self into it seems

I was hoping someone was just going to help me out for like a hour or so put something together and me toss him some money didn't realize that there wasn't many on EQemu
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 PM
pfyon
Discordant

You can probably get a lot of it for free just by posting in the relevant forums.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

If you need something that bad and it's beneficial to the community as a whole, you should post what you need and see if someone will just help you out.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
csb4623
Sarnak

What exactly are you wanting?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
So_1337
Dragon

He's looking for a PVP server using the latest source. I've been doing my best to help out, but I'm admittedly not only short on free time lately, but also in over my head where the C++ is concerned. I can dig through the VZ/TZ code all day as well as the bits of code that another programmer did for him previously, but it's still hard for me to connect all the dots on what needs changed where. Also, the source has changed pretty considerably since the last time he had a server set up.

All he's really looking for are the changes that would give him a 10-level difference PVP environment and the broadcasts when kills are made. These are both things that have been done before, but never incorporated into the stock source, of course.

Past that, all of the work he'd require would be database-related, locking down zones past the timeframe he'd want to operate in, purging items past a certain point, etc. All things I'm at least capable of helping with, time permitting. I just don't have the time to teach myself C++ right now, best as I try.

If I had a batch of changes and where they needed to be made (which lines to paste at which point in which files), I'm sure he'd be capable of recompiling the source each time around, it's just getting to that point that's been difficult.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
He's looking for a PVP server using the latest source. I've been doing my best to help out, but I'm admittedly not only short on free time lately, but also in over my head where the C++ is concerned. I can dig through the VZ/TZ code all day as well as the bits of code that another programmer did for him previously, but it's still hard for me to connect all the dots on what needs changed where. Also, the source has changed pretty considerably since the last time he had a server set up.

All he's really looking for are the changes that would give him a 10-level difference PVP environment and the broadcasts when kills are made. These are both things that have been done before, but never incorporated into the stock source, of course.

Past that, all of the work he'd require would be database-related, locking down zones past the timeframe he'd want to operate in, purging items past a certain point, etc. All things I'm at least capable of helping with, time permitting. I just don't have the time to teach myself C++ right now, best as I try.

If I had a batch of changes and where they needed to be made (which lines to paste at which point in which files), I'm sure he'd be capable of recompiling the source each time around, it's just getting to that point that's been difficult.
ya what he said lol
Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post

BUMP ^ BUMP ^
Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

help??....
Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Dude your probably gonna have to hire someone to do it for you. Realistically there arent to many people with free time that can do that kind of coding here atleast I dont think there are. Maybe im wrong.

GL though
Old 11-03-2010, 01:21 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

It was very hard for me to find source-related help. In fact, I only had one part-time source developer that coded some features p1999 had at launch. Post-release, I got lucky.

I'm willing to help with db queries as well, but I can't assist with the c++.

I might suggest that you post very specific questions, and if it benefits others, someone might help.