Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
WillowyLady
Sarnak

Default SoF - AA Tables.

Just wondering if the AA tables for SoF have been completed or are still being progressed.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
trevius
Developer

That is a bit of a complicated question :P

Here is the thread on SoF Development that might clear it up a bit:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27429

Basically, all AAs that are purchasable and functional in Titanium should also be fully available in SoF. I don't know if the PEQ database has the completely updated AA Tables to support it yet, but I added most of the SQL required to for the Temporary work-around to the SVN a while back. My AA Tables on Storm Haven for both Titanium and SoF work flawlessly as far as I know. If they don't match what PEQ has, maybe Cavedude needs a copy of my altadv_vars table or something. If so, I can post it or get it to him so he can review and update the PEQ tables if needed.

The main issue with SoF for AAs right now is that they changed how AAs are displayed and consolidated many AAs that had upgrades into single AAs with higher max train points. Until we can figure out how to code it so both clients work properly using the same AA code, we have to use a work-around. The work-around is already in place and should work great until a real solution can be finished. Basically, the work-around for SoF is that we send the upgraded versions as having the same name as the base versions, so instead of seeing "innate Stamina", and "Advanced Innate Stamina" and so on, you will just see 2 entries named "Innate Stamina". The AAs for base and upgrade are still purchased the same way, they just don't display the way they are supposed to for either Titanium or for SoF. All of the functionality is working, and that is the main thing IMO.

As for the actual SoF AAs that weren't available in Titanium, no, we don't have any of those in yet. AAs have to be coded 1 by 1 in the source to function as they should. Other than maybe a couple of certain SoF AAs, I don't expect to see many/any available very soon. Hopefully once the Packet Collector tools are functional again, we can collect all of the new AAs and get them in the database. Once they are there, it will probably help motivate people to start coding some of them at least. Though, I am not sure if server admins would be ok with SoF clients having that much of an advantage over Titanium clients, but that is up to the server OP IMO.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'm pretty sure I sourced the AA update in EQEmu SVN. If that's the only thing I needed to do, then PEQ has been good for some time.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
trevius
Developer

Cool, yeah, if you did that, then you guys should be all set until we have a better solution. There might have been 1 or 2 AAs that I missed in that SQL, but they are easy to correct if you see one or get one reported. They will show up with the Unknown DB String message if they are set wrong, and that message will have the AA ID in it. You just need to find that AA in the table and it will be one of the upgrades to a previous AA that no longer exists in SoF. So, all you have do do once you find it is find the AA that it is the upgrade for and put that AA ID into the sofnextskill field or whatever like the others are all set. You can look at the innate and advanced innate stats for an example of how to set them if needed. I think the only class I might have needed to adjust for after that SQL might have been Wizard, IIRC.

I would love to figure out how to do it the correct way, but handling how the AAs go out to the different clients to make them both work properly is fairly complex. I don't really know enough about the AA code to feel confident in making it do what I think it needs to be doing.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:50 AM
WillowyLady
Sarnak

Thanks for infos.

Perhaps I am missing a sql file.

Currently running Rev's 968, 31, 208.

In game, the aa table is correctly formatted, with no unknowns.

However, the aa's available are only up to and including Omens of War, and the aa table is flagged as having 500 aa spent, even tho aa have not been purchased.

I looked through eqemu_server\utils\sql\svn for any obvious aa related sqls.

Sourced in:-

463_altadv_vars.sql
687_aa_table_changes.sql
755_sof_altadv_vars_updates.sql

Sadly, issue still persists.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
WillowyLady
Sarnak

Ok, just so that I understand this, hopefully.) aa's included upto titanium release are included in table, but for SoF release the aa's after titanium release are not built in as yet?

This would explain why my table includes aa's upto Omens of War expansion.

I can't find any reason why when I create a char, the new chars aa table indicates that 500 aa have been spent. If I get a bit of peace and spare time I will have a look

Old 09-05-2009, 05:45 PM
trevius
Developer

I have it hard set to 500, just because the way it counts them has changed. I've tried some different ways of counting them, but none work quite right. So, for now it will just stay hard set to 500.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

dont know if it helps... but one of the patches gave a bonus to AAxp if the count was less the 500, after that it was normal.
Part of this was they started to tune content for characters having that many AA's to try to balance out difficulty.
Much uproar on the eqplayers forum at the time both pro and anti- to the change.