Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:13 AM
John C
Sarnak

Default Targeting Pets / Resupply & Banker Veteran Rewards

The Veteran rewards for Supply Agent and Clockwork Banker summon the pets correctly, but there does not appear to be any way to interact with them as I cannot click on them (from an ROF2 client). A google search recommends turning off the "click through pet" option, but apparently that option came after this client.

Thinking back a bit, I suddenly recall that I don't believe clicking on any pet targets them. I've always had to do it by clicking on a health bar. So is that an intentional feature to replicate the "click through pet" option? Is that even possible on the server? If so, there should likely be an exception for the case of the Veteran Rewards pets. Or is there a client limitation? Seems unlikely, but I certainly don't know.

Does anyone actually know? It would definitely save me some time as searching the code for a targeting adjustment (that could very well not even exist) could be fairly cumbersome.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:25 PM
John C
Sarnak

Figured it out and it was definitely user error. But just in case anyone in the future runs into a similar problem, I figured I'd provide an update here.

The issue is that the ROF2 client DOES have a click through pet option. The SARS interface that came with my client and which I have been using (because even though it isn't great, it is still a lot better than default) obviously predated this client and did not have that option in the options screen, so I wasn't seeing the option. The fix therefore, was to /loadskin the default interface, turn off click through pets, and then reload my preferred interface.

Interface options for ROF2 seem pretty limited. If anyone has a good one you'd be willing to share, please let me know.

Thanks.