Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:08 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

Default Bots not attacking on command

I have tried everything to get them to attack on command but nothing works. I use ^attack all , ^attack byname Name, nothing.... If i have them follow my toon they auto attack but if I have the guard so I can pull and then hit the attack button it says 2 of 2 bots attacking but they do nothing.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:30 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

I was going to post about this as well. A friend and I both can't get this feature to work. Like you, it will say they are attacking but are not. Likewise if you put a pet class bot on passive he will not cast but will still send in the pet. Perhaps, I am misunderstanding the passive stance.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:31 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

If they are casters the mob needs to be under like 97% or something for them to start casting
Old 02-25-2018, 01:59 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

At passive I would assume they would not cast nor send pets in. The curious part was that they are sending in pets, not that they aren't casting. Once again I might be misinterpreting the passive mode.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:11 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Without looking at the source, I think it's possible that passive mode doesn't keep a bot's hate list from being populated and that the pets aren't actually being sent in by the bot itself, but rather the default action for any NPC with a pet. Because bot code only controls the actions of the bots.

example:
a. your bot gets hit in passive mode
b. the NPC that hit your bot is placed on your bot's hate list
c. your bot does its AI loop and decided to do nothing because passive stance
note: the NPC is still on the hate list of the bot, it just chooses no action because that's how you told it to react

separately may be happening:
a. pet does it's IA loop (not part of bot code)
b. pet checks owner's hate list
c. pet responds because it doesn't care what you said to the bot
Old 02-25-2018, 02:31 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Probably the later then as whatever you attack in whatever form is what typically triggers them. They can stand there being hammered all day in any stance and they nor the pets will do anything until you target the mob.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

none of mine are working. caster or not. also when creating them male and female doesnt work they all come out male
Old 02-25-2018, 09:21 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

if you turn attack on with the npc targetted, it should send in the bots. let them engage before turning it off, or they retreat back.

^attack all is a bit off atm and tied to other improvements based on another thread's comments. think they said it has to do with how leash or guard was implemented, or fixing it would cause problems with current guard etc? peruse recent bot threads for the specifics, if you wish.

casting a detrimental spell at an npc, at least a nuke from personal experience, will also send in the bots.

if you didn't change stances they should be fine. if you did, make sure they are ^stance 1.

if they dont cast or do anything, your setup bots may have failed. drop and re-do, or better if you haven't done anything custom, just start with fresh db - a backup hopefully is available.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Uleat
Developer

;tldr

You guys are over-thinking this

Multiple behaviors are congealing into a single issue.

The biggest, and most prevalent, issue is the change I made to 'standard' bot attack behavior.

It appears to conflict with some commands' intended behavior.

I have some of the issues worked out..but, I am waiting on additional code to be published so I can finalize and test all of the code changes
before I push them up.

I will update the pre-built binaries as well when this is tested.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Aztore
Fire Beetle

I just recently did a fresh install of the latest eqemu server with bots, and have run into several issues with the new commands... I took a break for a couple years and not sure what has happend but the new ^attack or ^atk commands just dont work for me... any help with this is appreciated.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Uleat
Developer

This was an oversight on my part.

It will be looked at in the very near future.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
This was an oversight on my part.

It will be looked at in the very near future.
Uleat for Mayor !!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:54 PM
Aztore
Fire Beetle

notice alot of issues with creating bot groups while messing around with my server today. not sure if this is me not knowing how to do this or a bug. I used the commands to create a group of 6 clerics and named it "clerics" then used the command ^botgroupload clerics and it isnt spawning any bots i dont know how to get them grouped again now =/ really missing the old bot code for offline play right now lolz
Old 09-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Uleat
Developer

The last time I checked the botgroup functionality was working..and I haven't made any changes to that code since.

Did you verify that the group had been created in the database?

Target the bot that you want to be leader and type: ^botgroupcreate clerics

With that same bot targeted, add each additional bot by using: ^botgroupaddmember <name> - with <name> being the name of the joining bot.

EDIT: The old wiki page for this: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Bot_Gro...m=Bot_Commands

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Aztore
Fire Beetle

yes the bot group was created and is in the database. Ive relogged even restarted the server.. I just cant get them to spawn unless I spawn each one individually

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c0...-5WktmRbmbQEWC

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-x...JkHCYT_WG9dCOa

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1er...D2MnSnYM0T0b1J

not sure if it has anything to do with this, but the clerics were made by cloning a cleric that i fully geared out... made like 6 clones then created the group for them....