Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Default Doors screwed

Im running a 6.1 DR1 now and doors are not working , this is the perl compile I got from cavedude with the Database he recomended, anyone else have this problem or have a fix for it ? everything looks ok in the database but have not found one that works that has to do with porting , All pok books take you right back to same zone and and clickable thats spose to port you to another zone will not .

Update : I dont think its in the doors that the problem , I can not even /goto a player . When I try it says its zoning me to whatever zone they are in but it only ports me to another place in the zone I am allready in .

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 05-17-2005 at 07:55 AM..
Old 05-17-2005, 01:33 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

If Cavedude gave you the compile, Cavedude gets to support it.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

thats cool ,was wondering if anyone else that used his had found a fix actually , but thanks for the response

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 05-17-2005, 02:32 AM
solid11
Discordant

As Cavedude said in his post, he's not gonna support his DB, just helping those out that had nothing to work with 6.1. If you search Sysadmin's post you will find a complete sql file for PoK adding books and ports. You will have to mod it to alter Cavedude's DB but all the info is there and Sysadmin's file works.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Is'nt a db bug, is a db+eqemu bug, all Compiled perl version 0.6.1 DR1 have this bug :( , the door can't be open :(
If anyone have a better compiled version that was kindly

I dislike read :
If [replace by a name] gave you the compile, [Replace by a name] gets to support it.

Eqemu is one of the first Sourceforge project i see who lack of Compiled version (last is on 2004-11-02) :( If anyone can help with one, i say only "MANY THANKS" and if i can help with my very low skill, i try it.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 05-17-2005 at 02:59 PM..
Old 05-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Solid the problem is not in getting the books in PoK nor anywhere else , they are there , the problem is in ports , ports of anykind actually, even a /goto command when you are a gm results in just being ported to the same zone your in just a different spot Even when your chat window says your zoning to the zone you are trying to get to , Example , i am in Gfaydark and have a pesron stuck in ssratemple so I do /goto soandso and my chat bar says zoning to ssratemple but in fact I get ported to some unknown spot in gfay , where I was allready at. Its a very strange thing. Thanks though for trying.

I know he said he does not support it . my main reason for even posting was to find out if it was just me or did anyone else have this problem , and if they did where they able to figure out a fix for it and If it was only me or nobody was able to find a fix then if and once I was able to fix it I would let those people know . I appriciate that Cavedude even gave me the compile to try this version out and am not trying to take advantage of that fact , I just thought we were all for one and one for all in trying to get this together but seeing Rangerdowns post I am assuming I was wrong in that assumption, I am now of the assumption that some of the people in this project are getting a Sony like attitude , Isnt that why we are all here? to get away from that kind of our way or no way attitude? I appriciate all that everyone has done that have made this project what it is but it seems why this project is what it is has gotten lost . It is suppose to be a get together of people that share a compassion for freedom , a freedom to be able to do what you want and not be brought down by corporate giants that just want your money. I see where this is headed and if it is not put in check those same corporate giants that have pushed you to this will be breathing down your necks. It seems that support of any kind is getting to be taboo and taking money for services is surfacing more and more around here. I suggest a rethinking of attitude and servitude be brought about .

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 05-30-2005, 09:51 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

I am also having the same problem as above with the POK books and the spires to luclin not working.

anyone have a .sql cource file to fix this?

Other then that my Server is up and running both versions of it. Currently thou until I figure out a different problem I can either have it private where onle I can login on my LAN or where everyone else can login and I can not. I have narrowed it down to a router problem but not sure how to fix it at this time.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:45 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Up until recently any door, spell or GM command that would zone you inter-zone would not. Go get the latest CVS and recompile.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:04 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

has it been fixed to compile yet on windows?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 05-31-2005, 05:32 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I don't think, my connection with cvs is always exit 0 update.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:46 PM
mrea
Discordant

Here is sysadmin's door sql:
http://www.steelpsychos.com/eqemu/doors_sysadmin.sql