Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Emuman2098
Fire Beetle

Default Finally got world.exe to build ...

Got my World.exe to build on Visual C++ 6.0, now when i tried to do zone.exe i got a bunch of crazy errors, i slowly cleared up the linking problems and was left with this:
Quote:
Compiling...
database.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(21) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits <char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std ::allocator<char> > >::pair<st
d::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::a llocator<char> > const ,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std ::allocator<char> > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(21) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<unsigned int,std::pair<unsigned int const ,NPCType *>,std::map<unsigned int,NPCType *,std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<NPCType *> >::_Kfn,
std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<NPCType *> >::iterator,bool>::pair<std::_Tree<unsigned int,std::pair<unsigned int const ,NPCType *>,std::map<unsigned int,NPCType *,std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<NPCType *> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned i
nt>,std::allocator<NPCType *> >::iterator,bool>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(21) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std:: char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_trait s<char>,std::allocator<char
> > const ,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std ::allocator<char> > >,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits <char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,st d::allocator<char> >,std::less<std::basic
_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator <char> > >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_ traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char _traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocato
r<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,st d::allocator<char> > > >::iterator,bool>::pair<std::_Tree<std::basic_stri ng<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char > >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_trait s<char>,std::allocator<c
har> > const ,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std ::allocator<char> > >,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits <char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,st d::allocator<char> >,std::less<std::ba
sic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::alloca tor<char> > >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_ traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char _traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::alloc
ator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char> ,std::allocator<char> > > >::iterator,bool>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\utility(21) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<unsigned int,std::pair<unsigned int const ,PRange_Struct *>,std::map<unsigned int,PRange_Struct *,std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<PRange_
Struct *> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<PRange_Struct *> >::iterator,bool>::pair<std::_Tree<unsigned int,std::pair<unsigned int const ,PRange_Struct *>,std::map<unsigned int,PRange_Struct *,std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<PRa
nge_Struct *> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned int>,std::allocator<PRange_Struct *> >::iterator,bool>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
Compiling...
eqtime.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(217) : error C2059: syntax error : '&'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(213) : while compiling class-template member function 'void __thiscall std::basic_filebuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Init(struct _iobuf *,enum std::basic_filebuf<char,
struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Initfl)'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(218) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(213) : while compiling class-template member function 'void __thiscall std::basic_filebuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Init(struct _iobuf *,enum std::basic_filebuf<char,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(218) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(218) : error
C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(218) : error
****** INSTERTED A BREAK TO SAVE SPACE ******
C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\fstream(218) : fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation
Error executing cl.exe.

ZonePerl.exe - 102 error(s), 4 warning(s)
Any ideas on what may be causing this? any help would be much appreciated :)
Old 06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
burgos123
Fire Beetle

I'm getting the same thing. I got Zone.exe to compile fine but ZonePerl.exe makes the same errors in eqtime.cpp.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:33 PM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

try including fstream.h instead of fstream, if not, use vs.net 200x, i am using 2002 atm and it is working good.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:48 AM
burgos123
Fire Beetle

I tried fstream.h and it still got errors.
And I dun wanna leave VC++6 /cry
Old 06-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

With CVS, I can only seem to get emusharemem.dll to compile properly. Actually, this last time around, I even got World.exe to compile with only one warning. However, Zone gives me a ton of errors and they're almost all related to winsock2.h and only when I add in the files need for the Perl compile.

And only the release versions would compile right--- the debugs gave me a ton of errors, so you might try switching the compile to release.

Kind of wish there were an easy way to fix the Perl compiles, but I'm lazy, so I'll let other people compile it since my last successful compile of the Emulator wouldn't even work on my own machine. =/