Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:09 AM
sylverwolf
Sarnak

Default small perl coding problem

geez. i must be asking one question per day. i feel like such a noob and all the help i got so far is much appreciated. this place rocks I stared at this for almost half an hour comparing to other .pl's trying to see if i missed a bracket somewhere but counted even. When I hail the npc, she responds appropriately but when i use the key words "wish to go", nothing happens. (3182 is the spellID for ring of knowledge) I also tried sefcast with no results. If anyone can take a glance at this and just point out what i did wrong, i can take it from there. Thx

Quote:
#Diarra Windrunner in qeynos2

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text =~ /Hail/i) {
quest::say("Greetings. I am an acolyte of the seer of knowledge. We were sent to Norrath to provide transportation to this world. If you [wish to go], just tell me and I will use the seer's powers to transport you. Anytime you wish to return, just seek out the seer and she will send you back.");
}
if($text =~ /wish to go/i) {
quest::castspell($userid,3182); }
}
Old 06-23-2005, 07:12 AM
kadrith
Fire Beetle

This worked for me; I didn't have a Diarra Windrunner so I simply ran it on one of the NQey merchants.

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY
{
	if($text=~/Hail/i)
	{
		quest::say("Greetings. I am an acolyte of the seer of knowledge. We were 

sent to Norrath to provide transportation to this world. If you [wish to go], just tell me 

and I will use the seer's powers to transport you. Anytime you wish to return, just seek 

out the seer and she will send you back");
	}
	if($text=~/wish to go/i)
	{
		quest::selfcast(3182);
	}
}