Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Ace
Sarnak

Default The Myra database:

This database looks superb, and is exactly what I want for my server. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to compatible with the latest release of EQEMu. I tried compiling it in combination with many other item databases, as I only get this error on starting zone.exe:

Is there ANY way to get all the hard work populating zones that Myra has done to work with the current release? I really want to get zones like Vex Thal populated, and it seems Myra's database has these things I want. I've been manually populating Vex Thal, but it's far from what it seems Myra has.

As I'm not very fluent with sql thus far, I am not positive, but I am sure that there is a command that will allow me to compare Myra's DB with another, WORKING 5.7 DR6 database and be able to run all the population work she has done.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Edit: I know what the login error is, and that's a simple fix. I posted the pic to show the item database error in correlation with Myra's Database.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:02 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Myra's is way old... would probably take a lot of work to get it compatible.

My advice is wait for our releases. Vex thal is a ways off. (even though we have it fully collected and populated, exactly like live) but we are doing releases beginning with classic. Which is almost complete. doing the final touches on it now, and trying to get 2 grid into the official CVS. because it wont be compatible with the old pathing system.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Ace
Sarnak

Well, dammit. So there is no database available at the moment that contains Vex Thal, PoHate, etc?

If not, that leaves me with a few options.

I have three EQ live accounts, would it possible to bribe the information from a dev with blowjobs, packetcollecting, or greenbacks? I have plenty of money to throw around to get what I want

I don't know if this is against board rules, but if someone gets the zones I need populated and working with the latest CVS, my players have a sizeable donation fund for the files we need :twisted:
Old 08-20-2004, 01:03 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

plane of hate no longer exists on eqlive.

its now. The Plane of Hate .. hateplaneb
Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Ace
Sarnak

Yes....that was what I was referring to.

Any takers on the DB offer? :twisted:
Old 08-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Default Two Cents

Here's my two cents because I've done this already for 4.4dr1.

If your that desperate for the data your after and have a few days time.
Take your favorite db, export to a newly created db so your not screwing with the original db.
Print the table properties for each table property in your copied_db (something I've done).
Create a new_db source in the latest db related to your versions of EQEmu server and eqclient.exe files, source in that db.
Now print out the same table properties data and make certain that tables have or have not been removed from this new versus old or added to new versus old.
This part sucks but the only way to do it yourself is to actually go table property by table property and manually compare them making changes to the appropriate locations in your copied_db table properties so that it matches the new db properties. (much time has passed by at this point, like a couple weeks).
You could probably use MySQL comparison functions but I'm not giving them because I'd end up being responsible to walking you through it and its a pain in the butt.
*NOTE* keep fingers and toes crossed at all times and pray to whomever you wish for it to be successful or you've wasted a lot of time.
Good luck on this one,
Darkwaters
Old 08-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Ace
Sarnak

Quote:
You could probably use MySQL comparison functions but I'm not giving them
Interesting.

Thanks for the information Darkwaters, if it comes down to it in a week or so, I will just do it myself.

For anyone else interested in making a buck, my offer still stands.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

No problem I'm to old to go fighting that much of a database headache. =)
Still hope it goes smoothly for you and leave a post when you get done whichever route you take.
Darkwaters
Old 08-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Ace
Sarnak

Hell, I don't want much. Just more than what I have now

It's a bit perplexing that an older database contains information that the up to date database doesn't. It boggles the mind, if you will.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Well IMO every version of EQEmu has had to go through its lifecycle changes to get you to a functioning game. If your upset about db structure plz make some constructive criticism, as in how things could be setup, packet collection, code snippets, otherwise keep a good frame of mind and relax. Patience is definitely the key here. Glad to see you as enthused as the rest of us.
Darkwaters
Old 08-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Ace
Sarnak

Oh I'm hardly upset, I am just unable to locate the logic in what seems to backwards steps. What I'm wondering, is if something physically changed with the way Everquest pulls npcs from the database which required this step backwards. I haven't been able to find anything regarding this, which is why I'm still wondering about it.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Quote:
Oh I'm hardly upset, I am just unable to locate the logic in what seems to backwards steps. What I'm wondering, is if something physically changed with the way Everquest pulls npcs from the database which required this step backwards. I haven't been able to find anything regarding this, which is why I'm still wondering about it.
Well I'm surprised you'd expect it to be the same but here's my two cents anyhoot.

You could just read a changelog.txt file, but obviously there have been improvements so it is expected to have src code and db structure/content changes just as SOE has changed their own application. As far as the database is concerned there have been improvements every step of the way and obviously with improvements there is increase in definition and depth not just to the db volume but its configuration and structure as well.
I guess what I'm saying is it would be ridiculous to expect the same db and code structure for every new implementation or that db's would actually be kept intact especially with so many "Custom" servers out there. I think its easier to develop new db structure based on the new coding packages as done so by the Dev's and replicate collected packet data to the newly structured db, rather than expect the original db to be usable. This is still an "In-The-Works-Project", it's why their considered DR's "Developer Release's".

Come on home now, Earth is just around the corner. When you get there you should probably stop and rest a while.

Darkwaters
Old 08-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Ace
Sarnak

Now now, no need for subtle insults. We can all act like adults here.

As I am rather new to this, I came into it expecting a sort of uniformity in the structure. I have since seen that the community is far from uniform. I accept that, and I actually find it great that people take the time to customize their own servers. I realize that things change, and that is the question I was asking.

You said yourself that incorporating the old data with the new is simply a matter of time and effort. Is the reason that this database doesn't exist simply because no one has taken the time and effort to keep an updated database? If so, I have plenty of time to dedicate to the effort.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

I believe its due to the enormous amount of time required to move forward one step at a time always striving for the best "product". A lot of these Dev's and Admin's spend a huge amount of time keeping things up to date and running at the latest and greatest as they are very nice and helpful.
No insult intended, if this was SOE I'd expect uniformity, considering this is a Developed version of an "Emulator" ie:not the real deal, I'd expect that this would be expected.
Darkwaters
Old 08-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Ace
Sarnak

So again I ask:

Is the reason that this database doesn't exist simply because no one has taken the time and effort to keep an updated database?

Or, is it because this updated database is impossible until EQEMu is updated to another version?