Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Default Error 2/253 in 6.0 DR3

I have this error : 2005/03/23 03:53:59 GMT: Zone 7996 crashed. Errorcode: 2/503. Current zone loaded:thurgadina. Current clients:0. Caused by:
when i try to zone in populate zone and don't have error on empty zone.
I think this is a DB problem with Npc, but i use Peq_velious_beta1 compatible DR3 i don't understand. Anyone have see this bug ? and can help me ?

I have found old post who speak about old version with same bug but didn't see the soluce :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:18 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

I know this isn't going to help you but - I'm just not sure why you're having that problem. In fact I've never had it while running DR3. People have spoken of the instability issues with DR3 but I just don't see it. The only problem I've had with DR3 is when its time to close them via windows, I get windows errors. A minor problem for such a large update in the server code.

Anyway this is what I did to get a working DR3 based server:
  • Installed MYSQL 4.23 (default options)
  • Installed Perl 5.8 (default options)
  • Followed basic instructions for server setup found in tutorials here on this site.
  • Downloaded PEQ_Velious_beta1 database, sourced in load_system.sql and then load_empty_users.sql
  • Started the server

I haven't had any crash errors while in-game however there were a few other problems I noticed, minor things but worth mentioning:
  • using the --#npcspawn remove-- has no effect on any of the NPC's I tried it on. Namely the stupid out-of-place skellies inhabiting qeynos hills (default database). Used the command to remove them, came back a half hour later, they're all back again. Didn't happen like that in DR2 and earlier.
  • I've gone LD several times on my own server (same machine, using minilogin), and the lag meter lingers around the 1000-3000 range. That's not right. Should be in the low hundreds. Never had that issue with DR2 and earlier.
  • AA's fail to load in Zone.exe and in game. This may be a database issue, I haven't tinkered with it too much, but I checked the variables table and expansions was set to 255. /shrug
  • Zoning takes a while - sometimes even causes a lock-up in the game. Also occasionally upon logging in I'll get a "This zone is not available" message, but am able to log in immediately after closing that message box.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, anyway like I said just thought it would be worth noting those things for future reference. As far as your problem goes, I'll have to let someone else answer it, because I haven't had that issue and I don't know what would cause it. Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

Regards,
SI
Old 03-23-2005, 07:23 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

That very strange, i have same software than you (thanks again )
But not same results :p
I have keep my account/inventory information from DR2 only and my server is'nt minilogin.
AA working fine in my zone.exe, just this stupide error code... and crashing on zoning :(
Old 03-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Code:
[Status] Found starting location in start_zones
Current location: neriakb  -1133.00, -76.00, -52.84
Bind location: neriakb  -1133.00, -76.00, -52.84
Character creation successful: Testeuse
Attempting autobootup of neriakb (41) for Testeuse
Zoneserver SetZone: xxxxxxxxx:7995 neriakb (41)
Enter world: Testeuse: neriakb (41)
Zoneserver SetZone: xxxxxxxx:7995 neriakb (41)
127.0.0.1:4753: TCPConnection::RecvData(): Error: 10054
Removing zoneserver from ip:0.0.0.0 port:0 (xxxxxxxx:7995)
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:192.168.0.66 port:4757

Ok, i have try with a fresh Db install from Velious (thats cold :p)
I have same error... i don't understand
this working fine with DR2, i just change zone.exe, world.xe and emusharemem.dll.
When i swap to DR3, not work and no more, except this strange 2/503 error code :(

Last edited by Belfedia; 03-23-2005 at 10:15 PM..
Old 03-24-2005, 02:09 PM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

I'm not sure what to say. I don't think anything else in your system would make a difference, except perhaps firewall or router settings. I know I don't have any problems with DR3 except when closing zone.exe. I would stick with DR2 for now. From what it sounds like, the next Live-compatible EQEmu is just around the corner. Lets hope

Regards,
SI
Old 03-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Yeah i hope like you my friend
And thanks for your help
Old 03-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Ok !!!
Error 2/253 is error when "opcodes.conf" is'nt on eqemu directory...
Now, all work fine...
Thanks to sonicintuition for give me good EQEMU DR3 help
Thanks Byeolpio for other EQEMU related files

Now froggy is on dr3 :p
Old 04-02-2005, 06:24 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Now I am also getting the exact same thing, except, when I or other users attempt to log in, we get booted back to server select (after character select screen, that works fine). Checked the error log, exact same error as you Bel. I also checked, and I DO HAVE opcodes.conf in my server directory, so I'm wondering if that error has anything to do with that file. Very strange, and frustrating to say the least.

Regards,
SI
Old 04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Strange, very strange !