Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Packetcollector

Support::Packetcollector Any PacketCollector related problems or questions should be posted here.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:15 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Just a minor suggestion, can the zone data and zone_points query be given checkboxes as well? If they are checked, they will be in the log uncommented, if unchecked they will be completely ignored?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Derision
Developer

1.4 is up in the downloads section:

Changes:

Code:
==05/31/2010==
Populated Melee texture columns.
For playable races, equip_chest2 is set based on the equipped chest item, if one is equipped.
Set armour tint columns based on the colour field for the chest slot.

The starting IDs for database inserts are now set as variables at the top of the SQL:
  Note the Door ID has changed meaning. Instead of being the value for the id column in the doors table,
  it is now the base value for the doorid column. The id column will just use the next autoincrement id.

If the version number is none-zero, The base doorid = Version * 1000 and all other insert IDs are
  set to ZoneID * 1000 + (Version * 100).

If the version number is none-zero, deletes for npc_types and the spawn tables will only be generated from
  the starting InsertID to starting ID + 99.

Moved the Version NumericUpDown control to before the InsertID textboxes as changing the version will
 auto-change the InsertIDs.

Corrected a bug where IT10805 objects were flagged as ovens instead of brew barrels.
Added checkboxes (default unchecked) for zone config (fog, safe point, etc) and zone points.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've done multiple zones and seen the quality extract, but PoK for some reason is just completely jacked up. There are multiples of spawns, and all on the guard pathing and I have redone the collect 4 times after the initial one which I took about 20-30 minutes to do to get the 170 merchant lists in the zone.

Here is the .pcap and the .sql, let me know what you think.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wclue5
Old 05-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Derision
Developer

My first thought is you probably have the original PEQ spawns for POK which use different ID ranges than my app generates, and so it doesn't remove them.

If you do select id, spawngroupID from spawn2 where zone='poknowledge'; and you get ids not in the range 202000 - 202999, then that is the issue. You will need to manually trawl through your DB and delete the original PEQ data for that zone.

If that's not the problem, let me know.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
My first thought is you probably have the original PEQ spawns for POK which use different ID ranges than my app generates, and so it doesn't remove them.

If you do select id, spawngroupID from spawn2 where zone='poknowledge'; and you get ids not in the range 202000 - 202999, then that is the issue. You will need to manually trawl through your DB and delete the original PEQ data for that zone.

If that's not the problem, let me know.
I forgot to mention that that isn't the problem.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Derision
Developer

I sourced the SQL into an otherwise empty test DB and browsed through it, and didn't see any obvious duped spawns.

I don't feel inclined to take the time tonight to create a DB cleansed of PEQ PoK data so I can actually source the SQL in and test it in game, but if you don't figure out
what the problem is, I'll see if I can get to it during the week ahead.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Derision
Developer

Actually, I do see dupes, for #Tzudani Emissary of Veeshan (lots of them). The packet dump shows lots of OP_ZoneEntry packets for him, as if he spawned
mulitple times during the collect. I'll look at it further tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Actually, I do see dupes, for #Tzudani Emissary of Veeshan (lots of them). The packet dump shows lots of OP_ZoneEntry packets for him, as if he spawned
Sounds good, I had to go to work so I wasn't going to troubleshoot it further.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I've brushed off the old PEQ repo for logs and started posting what we have so far at http://www.projecteq.net/logs

You'll need to create a PEQ forum name and log in (http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2) first, but then anybody is free to upload and download any logs they have, or logs in the repo.

All of the logs currently up are zipped/rarred SQLs using EQExtractor 1.4. However, if you wish feel free to post the pcaps. Please don't post SQLs created with anything less than 1.4, as they aren't very versatile among different databases.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Tricyclethief
Fire Beetle

Thanks cavedude! i should be finished by tonight and have about all new SOD zones collected.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:46 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
#Tzudani Emissary of Veeshan was permakilled by GMs on Live. Meaning the instant he appears in-game, he automagically self-kills. This was the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons event that is disabled on Live. His spawn rate must be set very low, hence the numerous dupes of him spawning. Dunno why they would depop him that way instead of their scripted means, but ah well... If you have a fast enough connection, you can sit outside the Guild Lobby zonein, facing the tree and see him pop into view for a millisecond and then poof. He's right behind the portal spot for PoK.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Just uploaded entire TSS and almost entire SoD minus some Void versions.

8 D
Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 AM
robinreg
Sarnak

uploaded the entire DoD zones minus instances. I sourced in the Dreadspire Keep into my test server and it really populates everything. even the pathing. Cool to even see Master Vule there haha. That's is so awesome. I will try to get some DoN in also. I may even open up a 2nd account to start doing instances for DoN and DoD.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Just uploaded entire TSS and almost entire SoD minus some Void versions.

8 D
Which Void zones did you miss? I can see about grabbing them.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
PoK for some reason is just completely jacked up.
I blew away PoK from my PEQ database and sourced in your SQL and it looks fine to me.

The only duped spawn I could see is that Veeshan Emissary guy which Live is constantly spawning and immediately killing.

I have found it is not unusual to see mobs pathing around buildings or walls to actually walk through them on occasion, which I believe is due to you being out of the range at which you get constant movement updates for them, at some point during the packet collect.

The only other thing I noticed was the player mounts that got collected. I'll fix that in the next release.