Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Aeldor
Fire Beetle

Default BoTA

Blood of the Akkadian is now live.. Come by and have an ale with us.

Lead Guide Hitex
Old 07-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Auxie
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on this server for the last week on the advice of a friend and I just can't say enough about how great and fun this server is.

I'd list off what I love about this server but I feel that I wouldn't do the experience justice with my bumbling words.

Bottom line: Don't pass this server up. It will hook you from the first quest line... Any noob quest that involves the process of resurection having to fight your way out of a type of purgatory is in my book.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Reiker
Fire Beetle

Pros:

* Involved quest line that currently progresses through 8 tiers of content.
* Progression comes at a realistic rate, not too fast, not too slow.
* Series of tasks to complete in each theme to give you an active role in the storyline.
* Friendly and helpful GMs that work with the community to improve the server.
* No ridiculously powerful items only available for donaters who spend a mint on an emu server.
* Solo friendly with good regeneration rates and mercenaries for hire. Boxing not at all required, for now (see con #2).

Cons:

* Spotty itemization (being worked on).
* No challenging content for groups or raids (being worked on).
* Some buggy spells (being very worked on with 100+ spell updates a day).
* Content only currently spans to about level 80 with the current level cap being 100. (being worked on).

BotA is a server in its infancy that shows a lot of promise to be a very popular custom legit server in the likes of EZ or THF.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Reiker
Fire Beetle

Just an update on the latest content release. The epic 1.5 quest was implemented, which is soloable once you've completed Overthere (80+ with OT gear). It's not difficult but could be time consuming.

Neriak will be implemented with a server reboot today. You begin in Neriak Third Gate, where the last dark elf and ogre survivors are fending off a goblin invasion. You fight off the goblin onslaught into Neriak Commons and Neriak Foreign Quarter and beyond.

Neriak follows the tradition of story telling and NPC scripting, as you can see dark elf generals motivating their soldier, medics running around to save injured defenders, and dying ogres begging not be sent back into battle

This content is very challenging and will most likely require a group, and can bring you up to the level cap of 100. Rumor has it that you'll even be able to fight your way into Najena, possibly into the home of these goblin invaders?