Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Default Crescent Reach - not using it?

Guys, is there a way to redirect new characters to their home city other than Crescent Reach when they create a new character?

I notice when I create a new toon (with SoD client) that it defaults to Crescent Reach. I've put a lot of work in folks starting in traditional home cities rather than a hub zone or everyone starting it CR. One of my goals has been to have folks revisit home cities from years ago, which are being tweaked/updated with new content - at least from lvls 1-20. After 20 - I'll open access to PoK as a hub. I've already disabled the Tutorial button. As it is, what I'm foreseeing is folks logging in and 50% of the time accidently choosing Crescent Reach as their start zone if their a SoF or higher client, which is not the intended methodology. I'm assuming this issue will only affect SoF+ clients and that Titanium users will default to their home city. I guess worst case scenario I could set the SoFStartZoneID value in rule_values to some generic location with a teleporter who has a list of starting cities to choose from, but it's clumsy. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Baruuk
Old 10-18-2011, 11:24 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

try to experiment with that rule.
it may be already set to Crescent Reach for some reason, and all you need to do is perhaps turn it off
Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 AM
trevius
Developer

Check the rule_values table and look at your settings for rule World:SoFStartZoneID. The notes field explains it:

Code:
Sets the Starting Zone for SoF Clients separate from Titanium Clients (-1 is disabled)
The default is -1 which is disabled, but I think PEQ has it set to Crescent Reach, so if you are using PEQ DB, you have the same setting.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

So it sounds like my only recourse is to set it to a "hub" zone for SoF clients (with this setting/rule) and then have them use a teleporter from there to a starting city of their choice. Or...just leave it to CR and just do the same.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 AM
trevius
Developer

Did you try setting it to -1 as I mentioned? That should disable it so it follows the same starting cities that Titanium uses IIRC. Though, I am not sure what it will do when a Drakkin is created.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Check the rule_values table and look at your settings for rule World:SoFStartZoneID. The notes field explains it:

Code:
Sets the Starting Zone for SoF Clients separate from Titanium Clients (-1 is disabled)
The default is -1 which is disabled, but I think PEQ has it set to Crescent Reach, so if you are using PEQ DB, you have the same setting.
We consider rule_values to be a player table, so the values on our SVN should be mostly default. I checked, and indeed that rule is set to -1 on SVN (is not on gameserver though, of course.)
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Well - I think I'm at an impass. I simply can't prevent SoD clients from creating characters that default to starting in crescent reach. I've changed and rechanged the World:SoFStartZoneID value to -1. I've even changed it to another value (1, 5, etc) and it sends SoF/SoD clients to the appropriate zone - so that's working as intended. However, when I change it to -1 (which it was originally), when I create a character with my SoD/Underfoot client it still displays Crescent Reach as the default selection for starting city (for every race/class combo) and then sends me to Crescent Reach. It's very strange. I've disabled the Tutorial Button - that works properly. I also tried setting the minstatus to CR to 250 - which of course results in it sending my new character to the Arena.

I'm open to suggestions - and thanks in advance for those. I was really trying to avoid using a hub zone for starting characters - and had put some work into putting merchants, quests, etc in cities like Qeynos, Rivervale, Grobb, etc but since half my clients or more will probably be SoD - there's nothing stopping them all from going to Crescent Reach.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

I've done this a few months ago. I had to go in the server code and delete crescent reach as a starting point for each race/class and it did not show up on character creation screens anymore. I'm trying to find where its at now but im having difficulty finding it. Try looking around yourself in the code for now and when I find it i'll post it
Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Congdar
Developer

in \world\SoFCharCreateInfo.h
remove the entries for crescent to remove the choice of crescent reach
Old 10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

\world\SoFCharCreateInfo.h has been changed with rev2024 as it's now part of the DB in the table "char_create_combinations".
Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Good tip. I'm almost there. I've updated to 2024 and now have that table in my database. That really will solve my problem. I could simply just delete the rows manually for other races other than Drakkin. However, I wanted to try a SQL statement but I'm getting a syntax error. Probably something simple:

DELETE * FROM 'char_create_combinations' where start_zone = 394 AND allocation_id < 94;

Strangely enough, a select statement of the same thing works fine:

SELECT * FROM `char_create_combinations` WHERE start_zone = 394 AND allocation_id < 94;

*** Nevermind - I realized I could simply use the SELECT statement above and then just delete the resultant rows.

Thoughts?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Strange - well, after removing all entries in the char_class_combinations table for zone 394 (Crescent Reach) except for race 522 (drakkin), I restarted the server and then created a new character expecting it not to display Crescent Reach or at least not let me create a character there. Unfortunately that didn't do it. My new dark elf SK started right in CR again. I verified those rows are now gone from the table. Is it controlled elsewhere?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Robregen
Developer

I used to be able to disabled them prior to rev2024 with \world\SoFCharCreateInfo.h as well as starting in the new revamp freeport. I haven't look into it as I am working on other project. I'll take a look at it when I have the time.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

No problem at all -thanks for your input gents. I didn't recompile or anything - I simply updated the database from all SQL files 2000+ after re-sourcing the "source" folder.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruuk View Post
I didn't recompile or anything.
What version of the server code are you running then? If it isn't the version that reads the table from the database then it isn't surprising that editing the table had no effect.

BTW, the correct syntax for delete in MySQL is 'delete from <table_name> where <something>'. I sometimes forget to remove the * when I switch from a select to delete as well.