Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 03-30-2018, 03:15 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Fabled

I did some searching but didn't find what I'm looking for...

Has anyone put together code to blanket turn on and set spawnrate for Fabled? And turn back off, though I'd guess you really only have to change spawn rate to 0 to turn off. I know a lot are in the database just not on.

Also, has anyone filled out the rest of the fabled? Last I knew on live, fabled hadn't reached GoD2or OoW yet, though it's been a few years.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:55 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

You're kind of on the wrong thread for support questions regarding database editing, etc.
(a moderator might move this when noticed)
You should get yourself a good text editor (like Notepad++), which is good for creating and
editing all types of files, including quest scripts, configs and, in this case, .sql queries. It's a
totally free download found here:
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downlo...-versions.html

These two simple examples set all zones as hotzones and all merc merchant's class to 71.
UPDATE zone SET hotzone = 1;
UPDATE npc_types SET class = 71 WHERE lastname LIKE '%Mercenary Liaison';

Putting those in an .sql query file and running it into database, or if your current database
front end can run those queries, then it speeds things up. But you would need to read up
a lot on the basics for sql. Things like this come in handy, like setting spawn info for a
particular type of NPC. There is many more advanced queries that can be done as well.
But we all learn to walk before we run
(By the way, "sql" stands for Structured Query Language)
Old 03-30-2018, 10:03 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

thanks man. i kinda thougth bc i was asking about the development of Fabled mobs, that are all relevant to fully covered expansion here (though added much later as fabled) and that some are here but many arent, maybe it was development, plus it being fabled time on live of course. some of my questions feel like they fit a couple categories sorry.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:20 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

This will help get you started.

This query lists info on what Fabled NPCs are currently in the database. If there is no loottable_id listed, the NPC in question has no loot unless it's scripted. If there is no spawngroupID listed, the NPC in question can only spawn from scripts. If there is no NPC listed... that should be self-explanatory.
Code:
SELECT
  npc_types.id,
  npc_types.name,
  npc_types.loottable_id,
  spawnentry.spawngroupID
FROM
  npc_types
LEFT JOIN
  spawnentry
ON
  spawnentry.npcID = npc_types.id
WHERE
  npc_types.name
  '%Fabled%';
Caveat: Just because there is a loottable or spawngroup ID does not mean the NPC will have loot or spawn. There are additional database tables involved in populating both spawns and loot.

Last edited by c0ncrete; 03-31-2018 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: added a caveat...
Old 03-31-2018, 04:53 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Ya, we were discussing that here, in another thread :

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=41817&page=2