Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

Default Skills from one class to another

Can anyone please provide me with some direction on how I would go about giving one class skill to another class?

For example, I would like to take a Bard and give them all the skills from the monk class.. Rock and Roll Kung Fu if you will. Just looking at skills at this point, not too worried about AA / Discs and the like.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:53 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Those are hard-coded to the client I believe.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:01 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Newer clients they're not hardcoded. It's in Resources/skillcaps.txt. If you want to do this with Tit it's impossible.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

Ah, ok .. i was looking at that file. Could I export then work with the text file, add the skills to bard then import?
Old 08-24-2018, 07:49 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Speaking of newer clients, what is recommended today for best EQ compatible?
I have SOD client stashed somewhere, what do you guys recommend?

I wanted to stick with T because of few old zones that is no longer available, but reconsidering now.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

I use rof2 its fantastic. I would never go back to T. And as for the old zones, it just depends on the server you play on. You can replace the files for the old zones.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:40 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I am pretty sure that some zones cannot be brought back in RoF, like original High Pass
Old 08-25-2018, 01:32 PM
John C
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymore View Post
I use rof2 its fantastic. I would never go back to T. And as for the old zones, it just depends on the server you play on. You can replace the files for the old zones.
Agree. Unless you specifically don't want hints of later evolutions within the game such as augments, rof2 is much more flexible. Love, for example, being able to add new spells and export them out to the client.

And though Highpass has the newer LOOK (and I believe that's the only one where an old version isn't possible), it still PLAYS like the old zone so even that isn't terrible.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:05 AM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

So I was able to give some of the monk abilities to the bard. I can feign death and mend perfectly, I also tried to assign kick and flying kick as well. I can train them and create hotkeys but depressing them does not activate the skill. I also tried adding backstab(which I always thought they should have a watered down version of) and backstab would not work either. Any ideas?
Old 08-26-2018, 01:32 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Might be worth checking the emu code and seeing if class restrictions got hard coded into the client.

A quick search on this forum suggests there were/are some class checks in zone/special_attacks.cpp
Old 08-26-2018, 04:41 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
I am pretty sure that some zones cannot be brought back in RoF, like original High Pass
This is entirely wrong.

I have highpass up and running on RoF2

Old 08-26-2018, 05:52 PM
John C
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
This is entirely wrong.

This sounds like it is worth learning more. I assume you just replaced "new highpass" with old. Is that accurate?

I would assume you would need any players to overwrite their client "new highpass" files with the files from the old zone. Is there any way to automate/simplify that process? Is there any way to run the "patch" routine to help with things like this and other client files? Or is this something that mostly makes sense for your own solo server?

And then do you need to edit the database at all? Are the coordinates between new and old the same so that all the spawns still work, or do you need to move them around at all?

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagulus2 View Post
Might be worth checking the emu code and seeing if class restrictions got hard coded into the client.

A quick search on this forum suggests there were/are some class checks in zone/special_attacks.cpp
I'm not a coder but it appears you are correct. I think I could change it and recompile but I am trying only DB/script changes at the moment. Will remember this for future work though, thanks.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:24 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
This is entirely wrong.

Sorry for thread hijacking, but what are significant differences between T and RoF2? In terms of gaining and loosing?
I do understand that RoF gets access to bunch of extra expansions content, models etc. But what about something else that T doesn't have? Does RoF looses something T has?

How big is a difference between RoF and SoD?

Thanks!