Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 AM
IsntWarsaint
Sarnak

Thumbs up A PvP Server

So..

With VTZ dried up and promising new PvP servers upcoming (thanks image), would anyone agree that something to bridge the gap would be nice?
Such as a server like that good ole Qeynos vs Freeport? Or the old Empire PvP server?. Something that we can have fun on, without having to put serious time into leveling/gearing. I know someone out there must have one of these databases they could throw up, no doubt they will conjure a bit of popularity due to the VTZ population sitting in the lurch, and no decent PvP servers currently up.

Amirite?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Naes
Fire Beetle

Vile and I were planning something in May, to tide over until "the next big thing". I would go sooner, but don't have hosting til he moves into new place. Also Tarwine was working on a server too.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

I would have made a QvF V3, however, I feel like it's too high-pressure to maintain. That being said I could remake it in a matter of days.

Keep your eyes peeled for Altergate, I did do a bit of coding on that project (item worth system, colored names) and I think Tarwine did an excellent job on the content. It reminds me of old eq with a modern feel.

There's also those PvP Server forums on P1999's forums. I don't know what they are planning yet, so don't ask.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Lane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
I would have made a QvF V3, however, I feel like it's too high-pressure to maintain. That being said I could remake it in a matter of days.

What about a remake, and just put the server as SZ no rule set? The die hards will come and pvp and have fun and you won't have to stress out about governing the server
Old 04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Naes
Fire Beetle

"high-pressure to maintain"

meaning having to:

- ban all the retards blatantly acking
- deal with forum trolls
- listen to QQ about imbalances
- fix bugs and exploits no1 bothers reporting until someone else starts abusing
- update content cuz everyone bitches
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Lane
Sarnak

I've never played QvF, and I'm sure the server kicked ass, but I don't think any one is currently asking for a real stable box, but instead something to kill time with while we wait for either R99 or altergate.

With that being said, a copy/paste of the previous QvF box would more than suffice people's demands. Regarding class imbalances/whatever, just tell people that things are going to remain the way they are, and just adapt to how it is.

Sounds like I'd have a blast playing on the QvF server when I have some spare time on weekends/a few hrs a night.

More of a casual type box than hardcore "get my pixels," and become the #1 on server.
Oh btw regarding hacking, perhaps contact vztz staff on the anti hacking system they had going there, it was great. And also disable maps, because in all honesty, not only does it prevent mq2 maps/SEQ, but maps aren't necessary.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
IsntWarsaint
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Oh btw regarding hacking, perhaps contact vztz staff on the anti hacking system they had going there, it was great. And also disable maps, because in all honesty, not only does it prevent mq2 maps/SEQ, but maps aren't necessary.
I personally don't believe their's such thing as an "anti hacking system", the only way to stop hackers is to ban them, eventually they will get sick of making new accounts. Thats coming from personal experience.

Not everyone cheats, and cheaters will cheat, thats how it goes.

I just hope Altergate doesn't take too long, a QvF even just in the mean time would be nice.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Bamzal
Sarnak

I am hosting a PvP server to kill time on, before Red99 is released. Rallon Zek PvP
Check it out!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 AM
IsntWarsaint
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamzal View Post
I am hosting a PvP server to kill time on, before Red99 is released. Rallon Zek PvP
Check it out!
I did check it out.

The issue is that the exp rate is extremely low, it's too time consuming. Referring to my first post, we need a stepping stone type of server, somewhere that we can have fun without breaking our backs just getting to 50. If you up the exp rate, and make it known, make posts on the forum, give the server a more attractive name maybe?. People are gonna see "Rallon Zek PvP" and just say "Ugh, not another one..".. thats what I said anyway. And take all those horrible symbols off the beginning of the name, people do look at the entire server list, and its usually the horrid servers that use symbols to get them at the top of the list, makes them look cheapo.

If you up the exp rate 'alot', I will play for sure.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsntWarsaint View Post
I just hope Altergate doesn't take too long, a QvF even just in the mean time would be nice.
Altergate isn't going to take very long, however, I will look into making a temporary QvF PvP server until both Altergate and Red99 (if it happens) are released.

I dunno if it would have any interest though.

Last edited by Secrets; 04-20-2011 at 04:52 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Arthurious
Fire Beetle

I think there will be quite a bit of interest. QvF was a great time and honestly won't take much policeing aside from banning ackers.

Interest +1
Old 04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Altergate isn't going to take very long, however, I will look into making a temporary QvF PvP server until both Altergate and Red99 (if it happens) are released.

I dunno if it would have any interest though.
Probably not much satisfaction in a temp. pvp server.

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 04-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsntWarsaint View Post
The issue is that the exp rate is extremely low, it's too time consuming. Referring to my first post, we need a stepping stone type of server, somewhere that we can have fun without breaking our backs just getting to 50.
This.

Having a server that doesn't take it self too seriously just to kill sometime with would be great. Increase that exp rate and I'll play as well.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

Playing on here now and I noticed the exp rate is already increased to some degree. Did the first quest (turned in the tattered note) and I dinged level 2.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Bamzal
Sarnak

When did you guys play? I did increase XP rate yesterday X4 - Is that better fer ya?

Cleaned up the name too