Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
KrodukT
Fire Beetle

Default Looking For a Server

Hey folks,

I've been playing and having some fun on the "similar to live" bot-enabled server. I'd venture to say that 80% of the quets and mobs through Planes of Power work like they're supposed to. However, I'm looking to move on. The server is still in beta, and I constantly happen to find the 20% that doesn't work. The GM support is inconsistent at best.

I'm looking for a server that is similar to live that is fully functional and allows players to use bots. (I've spent enough time LFG in the years on the live servers.) The allowance for more than one machine from the same I.P. address should be allowed, as there is more than just myself playing EQ here. Some quest customization would be nice for newbie starter gear would be nice, but not requisite.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

Maybe PEQ is what you Looking for
No IP Limit

Closest to live than any other server , Infact every other server base their DB off PEQ , and they never give out their most up to date content , their currently working on the GOD expansion and they dont leave content untill itis 100%
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
KrodukT
Fire Beetle

Yeah, I'd be more inclined to do PEQ if bots were enabled. I've spent some time on it; it's very similar to live - including the need to go LFG. I'm wanting to avoid that aspect again.

Thanks for the tip though.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Congdar
Developer

go here: http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist
and go down the list of servers selecting the [View] of each server
read the descriptions and maybe follow the links if provided
I'm sure there are several that meet your requirements
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Skrimazo
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I've been playing and having some fun on the "similar to live" bot-enabled server. I'd venture to say that 80% of the quets and mobs through Planes of Power work like they're supposed to. However, I'm looking to move on. The server is still in beta, and I constantly happen to find the 20% that doesn't work. The GM support is inconsistent at best.
I'm not sure if you're playing on Congdar's The Realm, but he does an excellent job of running a PEQ-Build Bots Enabled Server.

In terms of stable content, any PEQ-Build server is basically the best you'll get for life-like except P99 (Oldworld/Kunark only, no bots) or custom content servers. If the Bots server you're on is running PEQ's build and the encounter isn't working, good odds have it that it isn't working anywhere.