Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:19 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Default db_version normal ?

This is just one of those "curious george" questions. Patience is a virtue, said the Cleric
From the source I pulled (and compiled) from git yesterday with fresh DB and all updates run,
it gave me a db_version of 9122 and all is normal.
Then I did the same thing, (same source) and put together another server folder, compiled
with bots enabled. I used the update script to install bot tables, which went smooth, but with
the precompiled binaries it installed, after running all updates, it showed a db_version of 9117
and bots_version of 9018. No big deal, I copied my own compiled binaries over and ran the updates
(twice to make sure) and now it's giving me version 9121 with bots_version remaining at 9018.
I was just curious if that versioning was normal. I ran the updates a couple times trying to see
if the version would grab 9122, but no such luck. Server runs fine, haha
Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Mine says the same.

Code:
MariaDB [peq]> select * from db_version;
+---------+--------------+
| version | bots_version |
|    9122 |         9018 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
Pretty sure those values are used for Akka's launcher/updater/thingenator. Not sure where else they come into play.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:31 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Yours says 9122 ? Mine is saying 9121, that's what I was curious about.
Doesn't seem to effect anything though. But that's only on the bot one.
The db without bots is 9122.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:41 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Yeah, mine says 9122. I also confirmed that that number is used to try to determine what updates you might need to apply (take a look at the bottom of db_update\db_update_manifest.txt for more info if you have it). No idea how you managed to go back in time with your database though...
Old 03-28-2018, 10:45 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ncrete View Post
No idea how you managed to go back in time with your database though...
That's what was confusing me. It was at 9122, until I ran the script to install bots and it downloaded
the bot enabled binaries. I ran the updates and after that, the version went from 9122 to 9117.
Then I put my own compiled bot binaries in, ran the updates and it set the version at 9121.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:08 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ncrete View Post
(take a look at the bottom of db_update\db_update_manifest.txt for more info if you have it).
Ok, thanks c0ncrete, found the one update that the script didn't give me, but I sourced it manually.

9122|2018_03_07_ucs_command.sql|SELECT * FROM `command_settings` WHERE `command` LIKE 'ucs'|empty|
Old 03-28-2018, 05:09 PM
Uleat
Developer

If you're using the pre-compiled binaries downloaded from the script, you do not want to (normally) apply newer updates manually.

Those binaries are sync'd to a specific db version and applying current changes manually can cause the server to become inoperable.

EDIT:

They are built against these values: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../version.h#L33

And are retrieved through the script by a call to world.exe with arguments: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...d/net.cpp#L134

If we renamed the inventory table in 9122 and that update was applied manually, any 9121 binaries would croak trying to find the old table.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 03-28-2018 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 11:37 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Those binaries are sync'd to a specific db version and applying current changes manually can cause the server to become inoperable.
Kind of sounds like the description one sees for a dependency in windows services, haha
But now I have little better understanding, thanks Uleat