Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
provocating
Demi-God

The "really cool" comment is making me patiently impatient Akkadius
Old 03-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Thank god Trevius is involved then otherwise all we would get are monthly updates about how much has been done

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Last edited by Secrets; 03-21-2012 at 07:34 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

>nothing to be done here

Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Caryatis2
Banned

I know you are unfamiliar with the concept of friendly banter Secrets but Im sure if you asked Akkadius, he will say he had a good chuckle over it. Sometimes guys act like guys.

PS Its more like a suspension since it expires on 24th.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis2 View Post
I know you are unfamiliar with the concept of friendly banter Secrets but Im sure if you asked Akkadius, he will say he had a good chuckle over it. Sometimes guys act like guys.

PS Its more like a suspension since it expires on 24th.
I'm totally guilty of life pulling me away from any possibility of getting anything done here. Though, this is a bit different what we're doing. I'm sure in the next week or so we'll post something. Already has made tons of progress.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I'm totally guilty of life pulling me away from any possibility of getting anything done here. Though, this is a bit different what we're doing. I'm sure in the next week or so we'll post something. Already has made tons of progress.
200% progress
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Already has made tons of progress.
U.S. or Metric?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

So does anyone know how to pull tooltips from this database as opposed to the REAL Allakhazam database? Would like to be able to link my custom / modified items.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
So does anyone know how to pull tooltips from this database as opposed to the REAL Allakhazam database? Would like to be able to link my custom / modified items.
They don't pull the same way Allakhazam's do, our's work better performance wise but don't load dynamically which is on the agenda.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM
trevius
Developer

They load dynamically now

http://stormhavenserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2368

Working on getting all of the old item links replaces with the new ones that load dynamically. I think that will let all item links work throughout the whole tool without special code.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
They load dynamically now

http://stormhavenserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2368

Working on getting all of the old item links replaces with the new ones that load dynamically. I think that will let all item links work throughout the whole tool without special code.
I like! When will we be able to use that?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:01 AM
trevius
Developer

I also added tooltips for spells tonight as well with the new dynamic loading system. You can see them at the same link to my forums that I posted above.

It is much easier to deal with tooltips this way.

Hopefully, it won't be long before we can get the SVN updated with a new revision. I think we are waiting until our new tool is more functional before doing so, though. There is still a ways to go on that, but these new tooltips should help a bit.

There are still a few issues to work out like how they can load off of the screen partially at first, but I think we can resolve that. I also need to find a better way to have it load the css file for the tooltips other than having a hard coded url in the script.

Also, for anyone that wants to use the new tooltips on their forums or other parts of their website, it does require a bit of extra setup. Basically, you have to add 1 script link at the bottom of whatever page you want to use them in. Here is a page that explains how to setup the ZAM version, which is almost identical steps to how ours is set up:

http://www.zam.com/wiki/tooltips

The only difference is that the file name and url for the script will be something more like this:

HTML Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://http://69.168.254.243/AllaClone/jquery/eqemutooltip.js"></script>
Hah, I guess those html tags on the forums have terrible colors, so here it is in code tags:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://http://69.168.254.243/AllaClone/jquery/eqemutooltip.js"></script>
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I like it.

I see many uses of that script even in other places.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Alright I added the code to my site, I was using the ZAM one already.

However the links aren't working. There are two .js files inside of my jquery folder, jquery.js and linktooltip.js, neither one works.

I'm tried using my actual domain for my alla clone (alla.blahblah.com) and I've tried using a root domain (www.blahblah.com/allaclone) with the allaclone folder added to it. Neither or those worked either.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Well, the dynamic tooltip stuff isn't released yet. It still needs a couple of minor changes. For one thing, it currently looks for an IP address in the URL instead of a domain name. I just need to figure out a good work-around for parsing out the URL and getting the correct information that is required so it can work for any site. If ZAM tooltips work on your site, then these already should as well if you use the IP of your server instead of the domain name when you create the link to the item.

Of course, you will still need the rest of the files that are used by the tooltips from the AllaClone if you want them to work against your own server's items. For example, the javascript actually references a page that builds the tooltip as a js function from another page. Here is an example:

Item:
http://69.168.254.243/AllaClone/incl...1001&type=item

Spell:
http://69.168.254.243/AllaClone/incl...=11&type=spell

BTW, I had to do a lot of searching through ZAM tooltip stuff to get the dynamic tooltips working. I am guessing they noticed me directly hitting their tooltip url like the one I linked above, which probably isn't normally accessed directly. Literally 2 days later, the ZAM tooltip javascript was rewritten a bit and obfuscated lol. Not only that, but they had also updated the EQ item tooltips to show an icon. Since it has been the old way for years, I can only assume that I triggered them to make that change. I imagine they saw our server hitting theirs and maybe saw our tooltips (which I think look better) and figured it was time to update theirs. I also noticed that they set their tooltips to load above the cursor instead of below. This is probably because they had a bug that caused tooltips to load in the wrong position until the mouse was moved if they were partially off of the screen. I figured out the fix, so ours still loads from the bottom, just without the bug.