Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Ettiave
Fire Beetle

Default Problems with logging in to my server...

I have set up a server and it is running. When I go to log in from the other computer(on the same LAN) I can see it in the server list. When I hit connect it sits there for a few seconds then kicks me back to the station login screen. I have opened all the ports on my router, and even enabled IP forwarding for the ports, but still nothing. I have searched the forums several times but to no avail. Please help.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Maldian
Sarnak

Default Solution

Follow all directions at http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...&highlight=lan

pay specific attention to

[quote]Step 3.) Configuring YOUR client machine

This is a configuration that is only needed so that you, and anyone else on the LAN, can connect to your Server. You are going to have to edit your clients pc's host file. (not to be confused with eqhost.txt.)

What is a host file: - A host file is a file which your PC will check FIRST before going out and check your DNS. By using a host file you can circumvent DNS entries to point to a different IP address.

The easiest way to find your host file is to just do a search for