Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Thumbs down To Crash or not to Crash.....

Well that was fun... Figured to do some script exploring on my own instead of asking a whole bunch of questions in the forums and well........

Let's see it started out ok I was getting the hang of entities, getting them to move around or fight one another... Well I wondered if I could get an npc to randomly spawn another npc from the database after it was killed (testing out a gladitorial type battle for fhalls) and well it worked buuut.. I guess I missed something.. The two npcs started figthing, one killed the other then all of a sudden my screen fills up with spawned npcs, ALOT of them... Then the client crashed... Restarted eqemu and it stuck at connecting to Mysql.. I took a peek at my tables and somehow what I had spawned made entry into the database Spawn2 normally 23megs of data was 456megs alone!! Guess I will be asking more questions! Just thought to share this...
Old 02-21-2015, 06:02 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

lol wow. Kinda did the same thing to my DB when I first started. I learned to start small in the learning phase, or shit will blow up quick lol