Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

Default Need help with a few story line directions

So I have been working on a new server for a long time now and have finally finished the first two continents with new mobs, items and quest. Now I go to mainland Norrath. I appologize for the giant block of text that is about to follow.

My story-line so far takes place after the original game. So fay starting with faydar the story goes: with the death of phinigel, an ancient evil the kedge were keeping locked away was released. The remaining residents fled into dagnors cauldron pushing the goblins into unrest, which was vacant thanks to the spirits being put to rest by brave adventurers. In greater faydark a combined effort has lead to the death of emperor crush and the annihilation of the orcs. The slaves who were being forced to dig and mine for the orcs were interrogated as to why the orcs had them digging instead of being welcomed back. One slave Retlon became furious over this treatment and slipped away to the castle. He had recovered the artifact that the orcs sought but kept it hidden away. Now with a vacant castle and the artifact he has summoned an elemental army and sealed himself inside. Meanwhile in Mistmoore a dark entity has resurrected Mayong and he slowly reanimates the corpses of his former subjects as he regains is strength. Meldrath and his Minotaur have tunneled through the steam-font mountains to the strongholds of the Minotaur legions.
Across the sea, new tanning and leather-working techniques have unlocked the superior qualities of Kobold hide over wolf and lion. Fur trading pirates have landed in the stonebrunt mountains and have began to decimate the kobold population of the warrens in search of hides.
The Blackburrow gnolls in an effort to secure their homeland have dug deeper and deeper into their burrow in an attempt to fortify it. However they have dug too deep and revealed a new enemy that now attacks them from within. Now giant deep earth ants flood to the surface through their burrow, devouring everything and everyone in their path.
The inhabitants of guk also created their own downfall. Their experiments with creating the fungus soldiers to bolster their ranks have turned on them. The fungus men have killed and enslaved the fogloks and now claim the underground kingdom as their own.

This is where I need help. Im trying to figure out a progressive story for Runnyeye citadel, Splitpaw, permafrost, Befallen, Najena and the Solusek dungeons. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them as I am experiencing a huge block right now.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:46 AM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Hehe, this is good stuff you are very creative, that is how things happen on my end. It all starts with one zone and the story just evolves, so I recommend you just dive in with what you have written above. And then let the rest play out, the creation process is a wonderful thing , you will start to basically paint a painting so to speak. And not even knowing what it is your after it will start to take shape into something people enjoy.

Keep up the good work , sorry LORE has always been one of my banes so can't help much, I just am good at creating content without the lore usually. (But i'm trying to change that)

Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org