Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

Default How do you scale YOUR items?

Just thought id get a little discussion going. Iv been working for a very long time now redoing zone with new custom content. Now that ive got several zones completely re-inhabited and a few of the quest done it is time to start working on items. I was wondering how people here who run servers scale their items? For instance what do you base stats for a level 15 weapon on versus a level 50? how much stat creep is too much? what era of gear provides the best standard for comparison in your opinion? Not sure where to start with gear, It seems like very little stats makes the game too hard, add more stats and its just ridiculous at the end, so whats yall's opinions?
Old 10-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

After reading this again I realized I worded this badly and should not have used the word scale but in other words how do you determine the stats on a custom weapon so that there is not a huge power curve without the items being under-powered?
Old 10-20-2016, 12:01 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I set up all weapons in a proportion ration to a base 4/20 (4 dmg, 20 dly) as tier 1 weapon (levels 1-10).
The base weapon gets +1 base dmg each tier (10 levels)

so:

T1: 4/20, 6/30, 8/40
T2: 5/20, 7/30, 10/40
T2: 6/20, 9/30, 12/40
etc.

I also plan to disable dmg bonus because its a crap mechanic and only run of weapon base stats.
Next step is to set up mobs hp/ac to match the desired performance (which is much easier than picking weapon formula)
Old 10-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Well it's something that is an innate ability for me because of how long I played on Live and ran open raids etc.

So you know take a look at a weapon for example

As a melee class what do you pick for your primary

59 damage 17 delay

72 damage 26 delay

Each Item i never take any automated scaling EVER into consideration I do them all manually , hand painted so to speak based on my knowledge of EQ in general.

Anyway hope that makes sense.

Mort
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 12-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Spreadsheet.