Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:18 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Default Pet heal aggro

Okay, my memory may be faulty. But it seems to me that I remember healing pets to be virtually no aggro.

I.E. you could sic a pet on a group of mobs as a mage, and heal till your mana bar emptied and you wouldn't get aggro.

Do I remember this incorrectly? Or is it not working the way it was circa 2000 or so on EMU servers?
Old 12-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

There's resources you can use to figure this out. Lucy would be a prime example of said resources.

With that said, it'd be easiest to tell us if they're not working properly. Are you receiving aggro from the spell? Are you certain the server you're on is using a stock compile?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

I'll be a little more helpful since the problem is such a basic fix/change. Basically, you're casting a healing spell, much like greater healing, that is only targetting your pet. This is applying the same threat generation for casting a healing spell.

You're going to want to find the following function
Code:
int32 Mob::CheckHealAggroAmount(uint16 spell_id, Mob *target, uint32 heal_possible)
and apply this basic change
Code:
	if (spells[spell_id].targettype == ST_Pet)
		return 0;
Now, this is going to make *any* spell that heals with the target type pet to generate zero aggro. I'm assuming this is what you want with the information you provided since I have no idea how live works. Healing the pet with targetted healing spells will generate aggro normally.

(With that said I vaguely remember adds attempting to kill me back in the day when I tried healing my pet. So in that case, you'll want to create a reduced threat formula.)