Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:18 AM
cannon
Hill Giant

Default Windows 10

I've used this repack on the last few versions of windows, including 7 and 8 now on Windows 10 and its worked on all of them including back to Windows XP Pro.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Maelith
Fire Beetle

Good morning everyone,

I am currently trying to find how to make this not a lan server, I see all of the guides have only one login not a second one like this one. I am just not sure where to put the IP address of my server host.

I do have my server running off of 1 of 4 servers, and it is also on a NLB? I think that is what it is called, it is where two network cards share a virtual drive. He also have the servers in the DMZ and not behind the firewall.

If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated, also it is now staying locked consistently after I changed the IP's
Old 05-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Five
Fire Beetle

Is there an alternate link to download the repack from? The DropBox link says it's temporarily disabled.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:06 PM
indigo_hermit
Fire Beetle

Default Black windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaedel View Post
I did a reboot of my system after the install and it seems to start successfully. I get the first window showing the failed delete of the log files (since there are none). I then get three more windows that are all black.
Same issue here. Black windows, cant log in.

I set up a basic one from a zip file I found somewhere.. honestly dont remember where I found it now.. but can load in and play no issues. Made my own server, played it offline as well. But with this.. no luck logging in at all.

Any Ideas?
Old 06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
FFire42
Fire Beetle

I can't seem to figure out how to make an admin account or see any kind of database for player accounts with this pack. Did I do something wrong?
Old 06-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

This repack is currently retired, it has been replaced with the superior modular and scripted version of my installer:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40299
Old 10-31-2017, 05:33 PM
kfsone
Fire Beetle

Thank you, Ak! It's working great with one caveat: I can *only* see the server through the public login server. If I talk to my local login server, it lets me in but never shows me my server.

I've tried several variants of having be my local, using , adding the tag, changing the tag, but I never see my server on the list.

I tried updating to latest, no change.

Halp?

Love that you've gotten all the install stuff to happen quietly. I'm toying with a docker container for it and tweaking the perl a little to snag the ip-address.

Also done a small experiment converting part of the script to Powershell and it looks kinda promising - but I need to refresh my Perl and learn Powershell, lol.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:20 PM
Uleat
Developer

There are a couple of docker threads around for reference [here's one]

This repack thread is all but defunct..the currently supported install method is [here]

You should be able to find numerous posts in regards to setting up a 'local login server' by searching that criteria.

The installer script defaults to public login server only and a few changes need to be made to the config files for local logins.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-01-2017, 11:15 PM
kfsone
Fire Beetle

Thanks, Uleat; that's the installer I'm using (my bad on which thread I posted to, was switching from pc to phone on my commute).

The login server is working, the only thing missing is the local server that's running showing up on the local login server. It shows up on the public login server, but not the local.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:20 PM
kfsone
Fire Beetle

also, on the docker side, all the threads I looked at were for Linux images. Docker on Windows can run both Linux and Windows containers, where Akkadius installer would be relevant.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:28 PM
uberbeans
Fire Beetle

Default Rof2 client missing zones

Hi all, so everything is going well and today I noticed I can't click on the Crescent Reach portal in pok. After looking in my folder I'm missing the zone file. It seems I'm missing every zone after pop exspansion. But all AAs are there and fairly new items ect are available. Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:36 PM
uberbeans
Fire Beetle

Hi all, so everything is going well and today I noticed I can't click on the Crescent Reach portal in pok. After looking in my folder I'm missing the zone file. It seems I'm missing every zone after pop exspansion. But all AAs are there and fairly new items ect are available. Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

What client are you using?

Old 02-22-2018, 04:01 PM
uberbeans
Fire Beetle

Default Rof2

Wasan ROF2 client. I mean I even have the Drake in race I can make. I've been playing that character for a week now. Just tried to click the stone today and nothing happens. Started a new character and said skip tutorial and EQ crashed said that it could not find zone file basically
Old 02-22-2018, 05:07 PM
uberbeans
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberbeans View Post
Ok, so got home and looked up a everquest folder that I had a long time ok on steam. Copied over the Crescent Reach files and put in my EQ ROF folder, started new character and bam he's in..... now how many more zone am I missing..... blah, I'm afraid to copy the whole folder. What ya think?