Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:57 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

A loot denial should 100% possible, epic 1.5/2.0 use it after all. We don't support this yet, but we need to figure it out. I know there is some state involved with looting, so I've been wanting to get a packet capture on live to make sure we do it right, but that requires doing some epic stuff out of order :P

This could also be a very simple reply like we already do on some failure cases.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:22 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

another quick question: what does rule value zone:markmqwarplt do and zone:mqwarpdetectiondistancefactor do exactly? If I lower the value on the distance factor will I catch more possible warps?
Old 10-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Uleat
Developer

I was thinking about that code snippet last night and you may have issues with a person looting their own corpse.

Let me know if that is the case..we can just encapsulate those three checks inside a parent one.

EDIT: Something like:
Code:
	if(client && item) {
		if (!client->GetGM() && (!IsPlayerCorpse() || (IsPlayerCorpse() && (char_id != client->CharacterID())))) {
			if (item->ReqLevel && (item->ReqLevel > client->GetLevel()))
				continue;
			if (item->Races && (item->Races & ~GetPlayerRaceBit(client->GetRace())))
				continue;
			if (item->Classes && (item->Classes & ~GetPlayerClassBit(GetPlayerClassValue(client->GetClass()))))
				continue;
		}

ItemInst* inst = database.CreateItem(item, item_data->charges, item_data->aug_1, item_data->aug_2, item_data->aug_3, item_data->aug_4, item_data->aug_5, item_data->aug_6, item_data->attuned);

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 10-11-2016 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: It happens... (changed for future reference)
Old 10-09-2016, 07:19 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I was thinking about that code snippet last night and you may have issues with a person looting their own corpse.

Let me know if that is the case..we can just encapsulate those three checks inside a parent one.
Shouldn't be an issue on my server at least for now because I have naked corpses on. But my visual studio trial from akka's installer expired so I'm looking into figuring out how to recompile the server code so I should know within a couple days.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
Shouldn't be an issue on my server at least for now because I have naked corpses on. But my visual studio trial from akka's installer expired so I'm looking into figuring out how to recompile the server code so I should know within a couple days.
You just need to register and create an account for free. Sign in with that and you can continue to use VS.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:10 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Thanks for the info on visual studio.

Thanks for the code update. So what I did is highlight the text on 1015 and pasted the snippet. Is that the right way to do it or do I need to delete more? Working on getting compiler up.

Edit: actually replaced line 1015 and 1016 with that.

Also when my compiler is up how exactly do I open this folder in there to compile?

Edit: figuring it out, need cmake and VS15
Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

I made a change to the code snippet..oversight of untested code :/

The changed logic is correct - sorry about that!

There is no code 'replacement' involved.

Just go to the end of line 1015, press enter, then paste this on the new line:
Code:
		if (!client->GetGM() && (!IsPlayerCorpse() || (IsPlayerCorpse() && (char_id != client->CharacterID())))) {
				continue;
				continue;
			if (item->Classes && (item->Classes & ~GetPlayerClassBit(GetPlayerClassValue(client->GetClass()))))
				continue;
		}
If you 'remove' any of the current code, you will have issues.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

RIP Mr Beanatar. :(

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-12-2016, 04:10 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
I made a change to the code snippet..oversight of untested code :/

The changed logic is correct - sorry about that!

There is no code 'replacement' involved.

Just go to the end of line 1015, press enter, then paste this on the new line:
Code:
				continue;
				continue;
				continue;
		}
If you 'remove' any of the current code, you will have issues.
Thanks a ton, just having trouble figuring out how to get zlib installed so I can compile the server.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:46 AM
ghanja
Dragon

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...B-Dependencies
Old 10-12-2016, 08:28 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
Great thank you. So there are 2 header files, 2 lib files and an exp file. How exactly do I proceed? Do I move these files somewhere?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM
ghanja
Dragon

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...er_Setup_Guide

Step 4b
Old 10-12-2016, 10:02 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

So I downloaded all those dependencies from that link then came up with the idea to paste them into the dependencies folder in the server source folder. Awesomely I put it in Cmake and it worked. Then I double clicked the sln file that was in the new folder cmake created and it ran in Visual studio then I clicked build button at the top and built it. This ran and 12 succeeded and 2 failed. So this then created a bunch of files in the bin folder. I pasted these files into the a copy of the old server folder I was running beforeand tried to start it up and got some unnamed errors for loginserver.exe, ucs.exe, etc. So I'm thinking those errors in visual studio are to blame. I don't know this is all very complicated and pretty far out of my league, I have compiled a program from source mabye once or twice. If you could give me any pointers it would be much appreciated.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Uleat
Developer

The 2 'failed' binaries are definitely a problem.

You probably copied the last compile binaries for those failed files over and they probably don't match up.

You need to figure out what caused the failures on those 2 projects.

You can build once to get through all of the code-check messaging, then build again and that will help narrow down the messages to what is actually causing the failure.

EDIT: I'm going to take a stab and say that some external link can't be found..

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-13-2016, 02:09 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Woo got the server up! Turns out I guess the server source was 32 bit; I was using 64 bit zlib and compiling and all that since Akkas server I was using was 64 bit. Switched everything to 32 bit and it worked.

So the item edit is definitely doing something. Right now the only items I can see on the corpses is items that say NONE for race and class. Those are the only items I have been able to see. So if we could figure out how to allow for ALL class and race items to be looted by everyone that may be the only fix needed. It looks like even items that would work on a given race and class I'm playing don't show up either.

Hmm I do have GM powers so I'll try with no GM powers.
I tried with no GM power and it was still the same, nothing would show up besides items that were set to Race:none Class:none

Quote:
The 2 'failed' binaries are definitely a problem.

You probably copied the last compile binaries for those failed files over and they probably don't match up.

You need to figure out what caused the failures on those 2 projects.

You can build once to get through all of the code-check messaging, then build again and that will help narrow down the messages to what is actually causing the failure.

EDIT: I'm going to take a stab and say that some external link can't be found..