Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Jahosphat
Sarnak

Talking Karana Server re-Intro.

Hi All, with a recent massive content update I thought it would be a good time to re-introduce our server. What started out as a pet project has turned into so much more. We've now implemented an Epic 3.0 quest with up to 25 more quests for end game content (lvl 80 customs) on the way. This is a place for BOTS and soloist with a healthy group of people looking to help people out. ROF2 enabled. You can trade all you want, gm's are chill, and we're developing content. Anyway please check out our website! http://karanaeqemu.weebly.com/

Server Ruleset:
  • 3x Xp, Bonus Group/Raid/AA Xp. Run speed to SOW at the start.
  • Max level 80. Skills and Spells auto maxed and scaled to dominate.
  • Epic 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 all dropped. *NEW* Epic 3.0 Quest Line!
  • #peqzone and #findzone enabled for fast travel
  • Custom npcs; buff bots, porter bot, defiant gear merchant, fabled gear merchant, reagent merchant.
  • NPC turn-in for LDON cards for XP/AA rewards
  • ^bots and mercs enabled. You can roll with up to 20 bots + a Merc
  • Custom Zones (Names and Lore) with quests yet, every zone available! Note: We're scaling open zones as quickly as possible.
  • Random 3% chance an NPC in any zone will have random loot. Don't feel like your missing out doing old world stuff etc. The NPC will shout when it spawns that it has something tasty; happy hunting.
  • Is this a boxing server? Short answer is no, long answer is we don't have it limited, yet. We figure with 2box you can have 2 players, 2 mercs, 40bots... is that not enough?
  • All Pets added from 70-80, All pet Duel Wield and have increased stats relative to their levels.
  • Core mechanics like Crit / Bow Damage / Dire Charm are increased in %dmg, %change and/or effective level increased.

-...ISH
Old 03-09-2017, 05:00 PM
vithmiris
Sarnak

Thanks Jahosphat - have enjoyed the playtime on the server so far.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:39 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

I like bots and soloing is content doable with just a group of bots I hate trying to use more then a,group becomes a pain lol
Old 03-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

I really like the idea behind your server!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:55 PM
tdanger84
Fire Beetle

loving it so far. its awesome being able to control a little bot raid force for people like me who don't know how/want to box that many toons to do content. I just wanna solo my way through everything and explore on my time and so far it's been fun.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 View Post
I like bots and soloing is content doable with just a group of bots I hate trying to use more then a,group becomes a pain lol
A group of 5 bots + yourself can get pretty far, along with gear obviously.

The epic 3.0 line is not for a single group and is designed for that, players can wield an army of upto 20 bots, which can compete with the raid encounters for this quest line. You will just have to check it out and see, that is the best way.

We are open to ideas, but have a pretty strong idea of the future!

See you there
Old 03-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Kaines
Fire Beetle

Is this another bot server where the bots are expected to do all the work and player just sits and watches, or is the player actively involved in the fights a viable strategy?
Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

not at all you still need to put in work
Old 03-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Jahosphat
Sarnak

Things Coming

*Tier 1 & 2 Zones will be released within the month and will be controlled as a player instance.
*Player Expeditions Trials are almost complete - Easy, Medium, Difficult, Raid. Rewards System will be similiar to old LDoN Dungeons
*Epic 3.5 Augment!

Tags
karana