Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Xan
Fire Beetle

Exclamation EverQuest 2 Emu Project

Hello everyone! If you clicked on this you must have interest in the EQ2 Emu Project, or at least I hope so, maybe... please? Anyways...

For those of you who don't know us we can be found at: http://www.eq2emulator.net/index.php - Website
irc.eq2emulator.net:6667 #EQ2Emu - IRC channel

Progress is moving along on the project as we are getting more content set up such as quests, npcs and tons and tons of items (thanks Bion). Currently you can connect to our "dev team supported" server TessEQ2 and check out whats going on. We also support multiple client versions! Thats right, no more "I don't have client # whatever, can i play still?" Granted if you were to patch to live this second you may have to wait till we update the supported list, a clean install off Kunark or TsO will work.

TessEQ2 Progress: The Queens Colony and the Outpost of the Overlord are nearly complete, as well as most of Timorous Deep. Mind you we are creating game functionality as we need it, so if something doesn't work like live its because we need to make ways for it to work still. We are currently working on all the Freeport and Qeynos areas and "hoods".

What we are looking for: Anyone that has interest in pushing forward with this project! If you can code C++ that would be a HUGE help. I myself learned enough LUA to script quests in little less that 2 weeks, we are using LUA for quests and spell scripts. If you simply don't want to code or script you can always collect data. Collecting data is one of the MOST important things we need for this project as well as the damn near easiest things you can do!

So drop on by and give us a shout if your interested in the "next generation" that is EQ2 Emu =P

~Xan EQ2 Emu Team
Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

I highly suggest people check out this project. They have made leaps and bounds, and if you like EQ2 (I played it through 2004-2009) I believe this would be right up any coder's alley.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Joeyboots
Fire Beetle

Yeah those guys are doing a great job over there! They've come a long way in the past year. Everyone should definitely check out this project.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Awesome, I love me some EQ2,
Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Xan
Fire Beetle

*cough* bump *cough*

We arn't dead yet motherf*ckers... come get some EQ2!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Your website isn't working,
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakelord View Post
Your website isn't working,
Works fine for me.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:28 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Heh, Xan you little pimp daddy =)

I am totally excited that nearly every 2 weeks I troll eqemulator.net, I can count almost 200 new posts!! It is great to see such activity over here, though I admit an sinister jealousy that our little project lacks even a portion of this enthusiasm.

I am banking that once we release a populated database, that will change. At least I hope so, or I might have to come back to work for you guys. J/k!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Heh, Xan you little pimp daddy =)

I am totally excited that nearly every 2 weeks I troll eqemulator.net, I can count almost 200 new posts!! It is great to see such activity over here, though I admit an sinister jealousy that our little project lacks even a portion of this enthusiasm.

I am banking that once we release a populated database, that will change. At least I hope so, or I might have to come back to work for you guys. J/k!
I poke my head in from time to time. I'd have to say, EQ2Emulator is really getting there. You guys got some determination there, and that's gooood.

And, don't say that John! Never give up.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Heh, nah. I am a fighter as much as a whiner! I will never be done with EQ2Emulator - believe me, that's a truer statement than you would know

I'm just looking for 20 posts a day from people who don't read the wiki, stickies, or use Search just like you guys have. I am sooo jealous!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Hows this coming along these days? Just wondering ...
Old 02-28-2010, 12:55 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

http://www.eq2emulator.net
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Sadly eq 2 emu is getting shut down by june 1st if no other devs join. They simply cant continue the way they are. So if anyone has any love for EQ period they should join this project. I personally believe EQ 1 emu has progressed to a state where it is Fully Playable and needs no further improvement and I would like to see many of the devs from EQ 1 emu move to eq 2 emu.

However i dont believe that will happen and it really sucks.

Guess im gonna have to move to a wow emu and learn how to work one to make a server. (probably not)
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 AM
trevius
Developer

That is sad to hear, but in reality, EQ1 emu and EQ2 emu have little in common other than sharing the name Everquest. While EQ1 emu may be further along and very playable, it is still not complete and can always use more work. Our dev team is also fairly small, but we are pretty dedicated and have been able to grow the project on the work that was done prior to our current team. Even if some of our devs did leave EQ1 emu, it isn't likely they would go on to work on the EQ2 emu project. Just because it might sound like the natural path of progression, that doesn't mean it is what would happen. Personally, there are other MMOs I would rather see emulated, if I was ever planning to move to another project.

Sorry if this comes off a bit harsh. But, you are coming here basically saying you think our devs should leave and go help somewhere else instead. You might as well be posting on the Sony forums asking for their devs to come help :P Not comparing us to Sony, but just trying to show how something like your post may not be taken so well.

Nothing against EQ2Emu, but this thread makes it sound like we owe them something:
http://www.eq2emulator.net/phpBB3/vi...ded3819d54853c
Old 05-10-2010, 05:19 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

Around January the project was very usable for custom content. It was possible to make a server with spells, pets, custom encounters if you were happy writing it in LUA. This project should certainly be supported and the team on it are second to none!