Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Brilhasti
Fire Beetle

I was searching for defiant and fabled removal and found this thread. Your tool has worked perfectly, thank you so much
Old 01-12-2018, 04:46 PM
mrhodes78
Fire Beetle

WOW. I just ran across this tool. Worked like a charm. What a major, major time saver and help, I can't thank you enough.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:11 PM
Dharrk
Fire Beetle

Thank you for this wonderful tool Shin. I wanted to write here to let you and others now that the current version points to the old eqemu_config.XML and needs to be re-pointed to the new .json. So those that compile your files can make a simply adjustment but those that rely on your exe will need to have it recompiled. Thank you again for the great program that has saved dozens of hours!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I can just update it to support json.. :P probably easier.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Nydosa
Sarnak

Would also love to try this... does v0.14 have the json update?
Old 04-11-2018, 12:44 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I have never tried this tool, looks like it's a great tool, but if
it had something to disable spawns, instead of deleting them,
it would be kewl. Like the choice of "remove fabled".
Is that removal from spawn tables or does that delete them ?
I like to keep in the DB, just for anticipation of a special event.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:29 AM
ryandward
Fire Beetle

Thanks for all your work, but it's not working without the JSON update. Any news on that front?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:14 AM
ryandward
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandward View Post
Thanks for all your work, but it's not working without the JSON update. Any news on that front?
For anybody who's stuck, you can download the old eqemu_config.xml file from Akkas github, and it'll still work for this purpose.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

This tool seems to be getting quite a bit of traction/attention/interest, so I'm going to resume work on it.

Today I started working on a 1.0 version.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-20-2019, 05:12 AM
Brilhasti
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
This tool seems to be getting quite a bit of traction/attention/interest, so I'm going to resume work on it.

Today I started working on a 1.0 version.
Excellent. Very handy tool, personally hate defiant and fabled so it's been useful for me.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:53 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Good news for new server makers.. I've been chatting with eqemu/peq dev staff and we'll be working on #project-peq-expansions.

This project is hoping to make the process of turning PEQ into a specific expansion as simple as possible, most of which by changing a rule and restarting your server. (Some exceptions, for example legacy zones and spells will require clients to be given new files and some alternative edits)

Due to this effort, and depending on how well this goes, the need for eqcleanup will potentially be eliminated and instead streamlined into the PEQ database we all tend to baseline with! Woohoo.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

Well. I've been working on a classic server for months. The database is about 10% of the work. You'll need to redo all the quests, research how they worked on your target expansion, correct all encounters, factions, combat mechanics, spells, tradeskill recipes, zones, spawns, add countless missing NPC interactions, and much, more. Doing all this with a simple Database rule would be work for years.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:37 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Indeed. There are many projects who have had the same efforts you described done, many of which have contributed their efforts in one way or another, hopefully they can help bootstrap the time needed, and if you feel inclined, you can contribute too! The sooner we establish a baseline, the less effort people will have to repeat every time they want a legacy server is the hope.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 04-18-2019, 12:55 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
Indeed. There are many projects who have had the same efforts you described done, many of which have contributed their efforts in one way or another, hopefully they can help bootstrap the time needed, and if you feel inclined, you can contribute too! The sooner we establish a baseline, the less effort people will have to repeat every time they want a legacy server is the hope.
I just wanted to say that reading through this had me HYPED. I really, really hope to see the day come where you can simply toggle on and off expansions. That is literally my dream. I run a private server, and I "gate" myself out of expansions until I defeat them using a box army.

Your hard work would make this so, so simple for so many people to enjoy for years to come. Thank you so much.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:01 AM
Xanathol
Sarnak

I just stumbled upon this thread and saw the comments on project-peq-expansions and the github page or old zone data - I am STOKED! Any updates you can share? This is a HUGE feature imo; let me know if there is any way to help!