Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Minluin
Fire Beetle

It would be really awesome to see S2k back! My brother and I both played on it way back when and had multiple level 130 characters. His toon name was Derty and mine was Ondariel, a beastlord and a mage.

Was really fun camping for all the different epics and the excitement when Lord Snare actually dropped the CH shield and not the other one with the same icon.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Mexen
Fire Beetle

Was just breezing through to see if any new servers have popped up and found your post! S2k was my first server on the emu waaaay back. Loved it. Can't for the life of me think of my characters names but I remember having a pretty awesome SK. Good to see your doing well Scorp!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I remember farming Uqua for elemental gear with a rogue and a Wizard. I don't think I ever successfully got the Wizard epic, but I do remember farming that big ass skelly in the old school tutorial for awhile. I want to say this is probably the very first EqEmu server I ever played on.

P.s. bring this back imo. Would be fun and good for the nostalgic feels
Old 11-20-2014, 04:15 AM
PlumbGame
Fire Beetle

Played the crap out of S2K. I can't remember my characters names. I just know that me and my little bro talk about it all the time. I remember when the server went down and it was a sad day. I think I might of had the most geared warrior? Can't remember, last thing I remember is I was constantly camping an aug in Highkeep and occasionally killing a boss in tacvi. I think something was being implemented in PoJ, but really can't remember sadly.

Sadly, I couldn't nor probably wouldn't play on s2k unless it was up to date, but I also don't know if that would break anything because I also remember the most efficient (only? I was 13/14 at the time, so maybe I didn't know better) to kill stuff was either get that range item that you could perma stun stuff with or fear with a bard.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
Sadly, I couldn't nor probably wouldn't play on s2k unless it was up to date, but I also don't know if that would break anything because I also remember the most efficient (only? I was 13/14 at the time, so maybe I didn't know better) to kill stuff was either get that range item that you could perma stun stuff with or fear with a bard.
As I said earlier, I do have the DB largely up to date and use the UF client to go in and test it...

Those old timers who were trying to talk me into bringing the server back and are supposed to be helping have gone MIA. I was hoping to run into some of our staff from the old days here. But it hasn't really happened.

I have a website started (http://scorpious2k.tk) and some work done on the server, but it's really too big a job for just me alone.

Where's MattMeck when you need him? Actually I know where is he and what he is up to. But he's a busy guy.

Last edited by Scorpious2k; 11-22-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Old 11-22-2014, 09:32 PM
EDUARTE
Fire Beetle

So i was just thinking how i wanted to play some EQEmu for old times sakes. remembered specifically about s2k and wuaalahh i is here!!!
put er up and bring back the fun times we are waiting for you ;p

EDIT: Ah i see, well best wishes to you and hope people gather up to bring this beauty up again

best wishes,

Magic1DURR
Old 11-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Trudge34
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minluin View Post
It would be really awesome to see S2k back! My brother and I both played on it way back when and had multiple level 130 characters. His toon name was Derty and mine was Ondariel, a beastlord and a mage.

Was really fun camping for all the different epics and the excitement when Lord Snare actually dropped the CH shield and not the other one with the same icon.
Hey Danny!

Loved playing on S2K man. Was wondering if someone might revive it, probably spent the most time on it next to SoD.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

I thought I would share this with everyone from the old days. I'm sure you remember Dindoleki from the server. Tark on EQEmu. He is my son. Last week he graduated from FSU.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. 4.0 GPA!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Congratulations Scorpius, you must be proud!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:49 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Congratulations to your son!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Congratulations Scorpius, you must be proud!
Thanks. I am proud, but have always been proud of both him and his twin sister.

Most people didn't realize he had just turned 13 when we worked out this.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Awesome, I wasn't aware of how young he was at the time.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:57 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
I thought I would share this with everyone from the old days. I'm sure you remember Dindoleki from the server. Tark on EQEmu. He is my son. Last week he graduated from FSU.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. 4.0 GPA!
Congratulations proud papa and to your son!

Now, since no one has said it yet....

Go Noles! Time to go Duck hunting.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Waksmak
Fire Beetle

S2K was by the far the most enjoyable EQ experience I had outside of Live. It was the first emu server I played on, and I have kept a copy of titanium on hand for over a decade in hopes that it will come back!

Played a ranger named Naelaes who found the ranger mob in PoEarth B with the 2 super swords, I remember soloing Mattmeck in miragul's and getting immediately nerfed.. sad days :(
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Lysty
Fire Beetle

I have been searching for this server again for years, a friend and I always talk about it when we get on to talking about EQ. I spent alot of time on the server, I had a 130 Iksar Monk called Tatsumaru, I would mostly be found in the new plane of Hate zone with Unholycow farming new armor, I was a member of Gothic Circle. I would love to play this again, are there any clones (incase Scorp2k isn't being revived)?