Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 11-20-2014, 05:57 PM
CoryWalker
Fire Beetle

Default Successful Port to FreeBSD 10 - Issues with configuration, however.

I have successfully ported EQEmu to FreeBSD 10.0 x32 using GCC 4.9.1. I plan on also doing a build on an x64 system and I will also attempt to build it using clang. No more segmentation faults! I am very happy with this.

I feel that the documentation for the configuration of the server is not complete - or maybe I'm not looking in the right place(s). I can't seem to find anymore more than a bunch of short paragraphs on how to copy files from the build site to the server directory.

What I'd really like is a sample directory tree structure. Can anyone point me to the right place for this?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:26 PM
vsab
Discordant

The debian set up guide has such a structure, detailed in step 14.
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_o...albox&frm=Main
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 AM
CoryWalker
Fire Beetle

I saw that in the Debian "14 - Prepare server directory" manual. Is the following set of directories what is normal for running the server - I'm setting this up on a FreeBSD box from scratch.

/server/eqemu:

- shared_memory
- world
- zone
- log.ini
- patches_*
- opcodes.conf
- eqemu_config.xml

/server/eqemu/logs:

- I'm assuming there are log files in here created by the server.

/server/eqemu/shared:

- No idea what goes in here. Manual has me create it.

/server/eqemu/maps

- Maps copied via svn.

/server/eqemu/quests

- Quests from quests_2014-10-11-04_00.tar.gz. At the time there are 3 of these quest packages for download. Are they incremental - do I need to get all 3 of them - or do I just get the most recent one. Also, the file names inside of the quests contain ":" characters - which causes my Winzip to fail - but tar works fine.

/server/eqemu/quests/plugins

- Various perl scripts for quests I'm assuming.

Anything I'm missing?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:52 AM
vsab
Discordant

I'd download the latest version of the quests tarball. Not sure why there are : in any of the quest file names though.

You need:
/server/plugins
/server/lua_modules

Both directories will be in the quests tarball you unpacked. (e.g. /quests/plugins and /quests/lua_modules)

/server/shared

will contain memory mapped files (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory-mapped_file ) when the server is first started up. It's basically a cache of items and other "base" data that the zone processes use.