Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default Blood of the Akkadian (BETA)

BLOOD OF THE AKKADIAN (BETA)

Now I haven't officially announced anything simply because I wanted to keep this quiet until we've gotten closer. But ARE getting closer and I figured I would shoot this out there for people who have been curious instead of getting drilled about this all the time.

First before I lay anything out, this is a server in which isn't your typical server. We've thought our layout and plans and implementation quite thoroughly. Infact we've probably spent more time planning implementation than anything. And since we did that, it made it that much more easier to design content that will last a long time, and we'll be able to deliver in a staggered fashion for our players.

BACKGROUND

You are a hero in past time (Live EQ as a general reference) brought back from the dead to save the races which are now considered extinct, or very few.

FEATURES

-Over 40 Tasks
-Custom spells up and down
-Level capacity for up to level 250 (Content current cap is 110)
-Very unique content in its own respect
-Custom environments
-NO FILES REQUIRED (Besides a spells file)
-Interactive NPC's - They send voicetells: Animations: and have interesting dialogue
-Progression-airy stages to accommodate SOLO/GROUP/AND GROUP/RAID
-Time Themes include Pre-Kunark, Kunark, and Velious and we have plans to use as many zones as possible to EXPLAIN certain parts in time, Sony did not or hasn't in their content (lore wise). A good example of this is the Greenmist explanation of the Shissar we have in Overthere.
-Unique Jail system (For bad players)
-Unique AA's
-Completely different mechanics of traveling the world that we have structured.
-We will have a website on the way that is a little bit more impressive than our beta site
-Mercenaries in each theme, related to each theme...
-UNIQUE Spell systems for characters
-Unique world/zone structure system.

MORE TO COME

As you reaffirm yourself with your abilities as a hero of the past: The Ancients (Ascended mortals of the past) assign you tasks to go back in time. Doing so you are able to change or prevent the mishaps of the future by solving the dilemma's of that time.

Once you have proved yourself through the tests that Sylvan provide, you are sent back to the medium where Guildmaster Jayden will delegate you your necessary tasks to accomplish.

BETA TERMS:
-BETA YET TO BE ANNOUNCED
-BETA TESTING CHARACTERS ARE PRONE TO WIPE DUE TO TESTING REASONS
-34 People are currently registered for BETA

FUTURE PLANS:
-Continual development
-New detailed website with Allakhazam
-Wiki
-Dual Login set-up
-Magelo
Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Old 02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
mastajon
Sarnak

geeze akkadius, some impressive stuff here. I cant wait for it to go live to try it out.

-Alastor-
-StormHaven-
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

^ the fact that you took the time and effort for detail in the city zones, and the fact that it requires no files (i've checked this out myself) is really, really, impressive.

I took a look at this server when it was in development and the little things that you take for granted are what makes it stand out. It really brings me back to the origins of what made EQ great. Noteable characters, a storyline, amongst other things. Everything that was lacking from most EQEmu servers seems to be here.

Looking forward to this.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Shokata
Fire Beetle

Very Impressive....wish you the best on this incredible project you have presented.Looking forward to its public release......
Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Mecurio
Fire Beetle

Default Wow

I gotta say out of all the server's I have seen, really excited for this one, good luck!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 AM
sirgoladith
Fire Beetle

Lookin really good, if it is better the the last server, then it is bound to be great, even equal to the last server it should rock pretty hard. Really looking forward to it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

As fun as the last server was, from what I recall, that was more of a proof of concept than an actual server meant for playing. This server actually has story and direction, and should be a wonderful addition, proving what can be d one with the Emulator in the hands of talented coders and world builders. Keep up the good work Akkadius.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Awesome stuff Akka! You must share this WoW UI with me!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Here's a little idea of what the Hub Zone (Hall of Heroes) looks like currently.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Mecurio
Fire Beetle

Default WOw

Wow, The graphis are amazing, I might die of anticipation lmao
Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
sirgoladith
Fire Beetle

You see that little dark elf standing there in the distance? Yeah, that's me. The server seems to be coming along quite nicely. Granted, there are some minor issues and bugs, but what server is without those, but for being BETA, this server is very well polished at this point. The quests from first logging in your character to where I am now, are well done, they lead you without making you feel completely railroaded.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

We've got tons of themes with progress instilled upon them (Mostly done), but the chronological order in which your events take place need their transitioning phases completed. We have about 3-4 other themes that need to be put together with what is currently in there.

So basically we need to put them in place in order (Scaling most importantly) and then we'll talk official BETA which will still be closed ~ Meaning you need to PM me at the ghetto website below with your account name and LS number.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Here's a picture of the Velious theme area I just knocked out last night in like 30 minutes... 8 D (Yes this is in Guild Lobby) Hall of Heroes

*Update - Making very good headway, standby for further announcement.