Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

Default Spells Creation Question

I'm not sure which part of the forums to ask this question, so, I'll ask it here.

When creating a new spells, how do I get a new spell into a player's spell book?

Not finding a table that held this information I:
1) Created the spell based on the existing (BLpet85) only I changed the classes15 to 255 and classes2 to 2 (I think this means lvl2 clerics can use the spell)
2) I then created a new item based on the Yaulp V scroll and changed the name to my new spell and the scrolleffect to the ID of my new spell
3) I then put 1 copy of the scroll item into my character's inventory
4) I did not update spells_us.txt (just had someone suggest that in another spot)
5) the result was the scroll was created, had the new item name, I think it held the Yaulp V description and was listed only as CLR(255)

is there a way to get new spells directly into a player's spell book? and other than step 4, how do I get the scroll to have the right description and level to scribe?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Hmm. Well, I would first like to recommend Null's Spell Editor. You can search for it here on the forums. Make sure you go to the last page to get the latest version, which I believe is somewhere around 1.8.2.

As for getting the spell in your spellbook without a scroll, use the #scribespells command. I can't remember the exact syntax at the moment, but it should give a description if you try that. Example - #scribespells 10 will scribe spells up to level 10.

The reason the spell shows up as 255 is because you don't have the spells_us.txt file in your game directory. Without it, the game won't be able to recognize it as being usable whether you want to scribe it manually via scroll or by using the #scribespells command. Either way you must remedy that before you can use the spell.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

yup, the piece I'd been missing was the spells_us.txt update

Even though I'd found the answer a few weeks back, I appreciate you following up with this.

Another potential "gotcha" is the spell_id. It must be less than ~16000 (it's mentioned explicitly in another post). I think my spell creation had also suffered from that.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The ID limit is different for each client, but in general it is best to try and use the lowest ID you can.