Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Spell graphics - Mage bolt spells, others also

After playing live some today, looking at the OOW zones I noticed some things. One is that a magician's bolt spells, all the way back to level 8 have a fireball graphic as the spell leaves the magician and tracks the target. On the Emulator this is missing. I also noticed when the air pet cast his proc, on live there are a type of lightning effect on the pet's hands. This is also missing from the Emulator. I am guessing this has been looked at in the past and must had been too difficult to implement or not worth it ? Or maybe I have some missing files ?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:52 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Anyone know the number to this effect? I could had sworn I saw a cleric cast a spell with the exact same effect, but I checked smite. I also am going through all 400 spell effects, but coming up empty so far.

If you notice when the pets elemental strike fires, the pet's hands and the mobs body both get hit with spell effects / appearance.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

oh sorry welcome to the newer client maybe I have some missing files ? alot of them 80) i'm not at Liberty to share my files your missing Emitters and effects. you'll have to be smarter then the client to get all of the missing files. i could give you some advice but why it's all part of the learning experience around here feel the joy see i can return the same stuff your shoveling.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

My client has 11,564 files, is that right?!?!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
provocating
Demi-God

That is surprisingly not the case. The graphic is actually there. If you watch a cleric cast something like retribution, you will see that particular spell graphic with the lightning at his hands. I have not gotten back into this, it is more of a wish list thing that I do want to eventually get accurate.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
sorvani
Dragon

So sad he can't claim it is a vaunted VoA thing!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Yep! i would hate to show you all the files your missing i don't think i want to waste valuable time with that . The problem can be solved with a little editing of files hint.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
My client has 11,564 files, is that right?!?!!
my client has 11,001 penicillin penny wow look another name for you.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
provocating
Demi-God

What you say may or may not be the solution to what my original thread was pertaining to. If it was a solution, holding on to it like a kid with his toy in the sandbox is benefiting no one. This emulator has not gotten to where it is today by that kind of philosophy. There again you can and will do what you want, if you want to pursue the VoA client, it will hurt no one here. But that kind of attitude will not get you any respect in the community.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

well then start by learning how to use the search button top of page it was posted before there is a fix that is the problem with most people they want silver spoons and platers handed to them they don't want to read anymore then they have too welcome to the world wide web. respect what is that have you read any of my post on OscarGrouch & noport look again if they wasn't removed lol. well then maybe you can teach Caryatis some respect for others look at all his smart comments etc. he's not the only one doing it look again. i'm just returning the same stuff your shoveling. Step up to the grinder i have running that away you can become one of the sharpest tools in the shed. my grinder keeps breaking down you must be daul. I failed to tell you i kick back but harder.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Crap you got me man. I do not read anything.