Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:33 PM
taxious
Fire Beetle

Default First time player

Hey I followed the guide to start playing and such as was just a little confused. When I tried to log in, I waited a long time at the "logging into the server. Please wait..." screen. Nothing seems to happen. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Ping_TwoFoot
Fire Beetle

Default N00b here too, same issue

I'm assuming that since I installed the CD's yesterday from scratch and DL'd all the updates, that I (and the guy that posted before) have the latest EQ patch that breaks EQEmu.

Is this a correct assesment? I've not played EQ in a long time (when did WoW come out? <chuckle>) and would like to try an EQEmu server whenever it gets patched for us n00bs that don't know what we're doing.. LOL

Ping
Old 08-01-2005, 04:42 AM
wize_one
Dragon

i think the 6.2 servers are live compliant.. though alot of things dont work as of yet..(damn sony and their changing crap)
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Ping_TwoFoot
Fire Beetle

Default Anyone else then?

Is anyone else having this problem?

BTW, the "patchme" param doesn't seem to work anymore. with or without it it patches overtop anyway.

I made a little script to copy eqhosts.txt and run it after it does the file check but BEFORE I hit play.

Still stuck at "Logging in" though.

Thoughts/idea/insults?
Ping
Old 08-01-2005, 05:33 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Make sure there is a space between the last " and patchme argument.
Krushers is live compatible..I just logged in to Sonys servers. Then did the normal stuff.(eghost/patchme) Then logged into Krushers.
So it works!
Did I forget to mention that Krushers is live compatible??
Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Ping_TwoFoot
Fire Beetle

Default I suck..

Wow..well...I must suck.
I created a shortcut so it points like so

"c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy\everquest.exe" patchme

in the Target box. Is that not correct? It still launches the patcher and patches o'er top my eqhosts.txt that I edited.

That aside, after the patching is done, I change the eqhosts.txt to the eqemulator.net:5998 and save it, then click Play

I'm staring at "Loading.." still.. I know I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what.

Note: I patched as of last night as I totally reinstalled as of last night. Original through Kunark in one "Trilogy" box (hence the trilogy path) and then Luclin on top then sat for a day while it patched over dialup.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Ping
Old 08-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Is it eggame.exe you made the shortcut to?
It should work..
Old 08-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Ping_TwoFoot
Fire Beetle

Default Doh!!

Ok Dr....I told you I was slow..
I'd been pointing to EverQuest.exe, not eqgame.exe (which incidentally is outlined pretty clearly in the FAQ....but.....like I said.. I'm slow)

Still have the "Logging in to the login server, please wait..." message and unable to get to the log in server, but at least it's not repatching on me now

Is there a way to see if I have an incompatible client version?

Again, my thanks for your help. Sorry for being a n00b.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping_TwoFoot
Ok Dr....I told you I was slow..
I'd been pointing to EverQuest.exe, not eqgame.exe (which incidentally is outlined pretty clearly in the FAQ....but.....like I said.. I'm slow)

Still have the "Logging in to the login server, please wait..." message and unable to get to the log in server, but at least it's not repatching on me now

Is there a way to see if I have an incompatible client version?

Again, my thanks for your help. Sorry for being a n00b.
OK..Its gonna be compatible if its patched to live or from about may to now.
Make sure the number in eq host is 5998 not 5994. You should get to the server select. If you are patched to live you can get into Krushers but pick
a monk dude. Spells dont work! You cant leave the home zone! you cant have weapons or use anything in inventory! Bla bla..Its a test server right now but it is live compatible!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Ping_TwoFoot
Fire Beetle

Default yup yup!! (closer!!)

Dr. Zvago..
I got logged in! Made the change to the port and it let me in, sweet.

eqgame.exe bombs every time though when I get the "Upgrade to our 75th expansion, Dragons of Norrath?" message, so I can't get to the server login screen.

Anyway around that?
Guessing it's communicating (or trying) with the EQ server.

Again, my thanks!
Ping

(and yeah, I'll make a monk the moment I get in!)

Last edited by Ping_TwoFoot; 08-01-2005 at 09:02 PM..
Old 08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Deptus
Fire Beetle

Default This works

This works for me too, (i accidently patched) it crashes alot as Dr said, but hey its Test .. im just glad i got it working again

Thanks Alot
Old 08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Ooh I just seen a Monk running out from the Dojo as I was logging..I need to take a break but im lvl 4 now..Mend seems to work! Dual weild is going up even though I dont have weapons. Make sure to put a point in that I think I did. I killed Fippy just barely at lvl 3. There are a few nasty mice in there so I just go after the gnolls and skellys now..I will "freeze" on ya if ya try to buy something. But you can sell. Looks like the stuff is in merchant inventory but its not listing properly. But 90% of this works..Just a few basic things to make it proper.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:20 PM
taxious
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Make sure the number in eq host is 5998 not 5994.
There was my problem... thank you!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:54 PM
taxious
Fire Beetle

Oh, and is Krushers the only server that is semi working? I tried to log in to the other few that were there but the screen kinda shrinks, goes black where the eq window should be and doesn't do anything.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxious
Oh, and is Krushers the only server that is semi working? I tried to log in to the other few that were there but the screen kinda shrinks, goes black where the eq window should be and doesn't do anything.
Yep..Thats all there is for now..The others are based on older versions of EQ.
If all you have is a version that is patched to live then Krushers is it for now.
When all that broken stuff on Krushers live compatible server is fixed then the others will change over if they want to. Then finally the DO NOT PATCH sign will go away. So the best thing to do if you are really interested in this sort of thing is to keep abreast of the local scene. And dont patch what you have working so far. If you are playing Live EQ then copy/paste the EQ folder so that you have a version that is never patched.