Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-29-2023, 08:36 PM
Huntk20
Fire Beetle

Default Anyone need free server hosting?

Hey everyone, long time fan of EQ Emu and a player when I have time. I have a pretty beefy server that has 99.9%+ uptime with a backup battery that will run it for ~4 hours if a power outage ever happens (yes the network gear is also separately connected to other backup batteries). I am on a 1 gigabit line with 50-100mbps upload on the West Coast of USA. I have been in IT and a C#/Python Software Engineer by trade for the last ~15 years.

I used to host a Minecraft server for a private group of friends and family, about 40 during peak hours. Obviously incredibly different setup wise but just giving an idea what this server can handle with leeway.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32 GB RAM
1Gbit/50-100Mbit upload internet rates (this will eventually be a strong 100Mbit when I prove that I need the bandwidth)

I am finalizing my mini datacenter in my own home and thought I'd reach out to the community here and see if anyone is interested. I am pretty confident I can have it run for free for a couple of years as long as no hardware parts die off which is doubtful. I can also provide remote access to a select few that request it. I'd prefer only having a single game server hosted on each dedicated machine I have. This will have nothing else running on it. I also have experience configuring certain SQL servers to optimally run on machines as well.

I am starting with 1 free hosting if anyone is interested. Let me know if any other information is required or if interested.

Again, I am a huge fan of the survival of such a classic game and I am here to see if I can contribute to anyone or any group.
Old 07-31-2023, 05:31 PM
Hurb
Fire Beetle

use the quick install guides, start the server up!
Old 08-21-2023, 11:01 PM
swootton1
Fire Beetle

I've been trying to setup a server for a while but hosting has been a barrier for me I have some fun ideas and events etc I would love to execute and host if your ok with it! hit me up!!!

Tags
hosting