Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

If development on this server has stopped, I am interested in taking up where you left off, or at least joining the dev team and tweaking things here and there. Shoot me a MSG if you're interested.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I have asked permission to take over development of this server, and I have it up and running. I am doing some tweaks here and there, such as adding the second augment slot to armor items over a certain level, to balance the raid encounters later in levels.

I also have permission to use all of the quest files from Last World server (from 4 or 5 years ago), and I will be slowly adding those quests to the server as well. This is going to be a great server. It will show up as locked in the server list under "Fridgecritter" for now, and all of the characters and bots are intact in the database. You should be able to log in and take up where you left off on Puny Earthlings, only with new content coming and more augment slots to help with raid mobs.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:41 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

website or files anywere ?
Old 07-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Fridgecritter.org all there is right now is the spell file. All you need to play.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:23 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Looking forward to giving this a go. Hated stalling out in the past because I just could not quite get past the content with 1 aug slot.

Also, server isn't locked, but not able to get in. Are ports forwarded correctly? I'll give it another try tonight after work.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Ormii
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenelan View Post
Looking forward to giving this a go. Hated stalling out in the past because I just could not quite get past the content with 1 aug slot.

Also, server isn't locked, but not able to get in. Are ports forwarded correctly? I'll give it another try tonight after work.
I wasn't able to connect with ROF Client, had to use UF/HOT.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Interesting. Yeah old server code I'll have to look at the files and make sure the ROF compatibility file is in there. [EDIT] I don't know why you couldn't connect. I used ROF just now and connected fine, and the patch_ROF.conf is in there]. I also just opened #scribespells and #traindisc commands so casters will be more even with melee toons. I'll get the portable augment sealer done later today, and get a website up so I can post all of these updates there.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:36 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Any chance of geting peqzone or maybe a porter
Old 07-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

A porter bot is in the works for some of the Lost World quests that are to come. You can also spawn a Druid bot and tell them to port you wherever that level Druid can port. The server is set up for progression, so I may open the peqzone command but I need to make sure it still restricts those who don't have access to the next expansion. I don't want people zerging mobs for augs in the higher areas.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:48 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Monk discs seem bugged after level 56, the only one displayed after a #traindisc 59 on HoT/UF Hybrid was innerflame - I recall seeing this a good while back being posted here. I'll take a gander tomorrow and report back if I find anything. Also, could you export a db_str.txt for us? I've got several all clumsily-renamed to .bak's but it's a crapshoot to get a working one for this server at this rate after so many other custom servers and poor archiving habits.

One last request - please allow access to #mystats for stat/haste/such testing? Looks like monk 1.0 (Celestial fists) click isn't giving the overhaste, this would help troubleshoot it.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Mystats and db_str.txt added to the list for tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Possible tuning for casters? Push is OP get more then 2 mobs and can't get a spell off. Maybe look into min/max damage mobs do seems they hit harder then I remember makes being a half naked mage alittle hard lol.

Gate charm for melee would be awesome some people were put off by this few times iv been on. Elemental form AA's for mage could be made insta recast? Suxs casting it then dieing 2 mins later having to wait 15 mins to use it again. Some Aug focus effects have unknown spell even with spell file in.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Wutzing
Fire Beetle

Same issue as the person above RoF2 client black screens and won't connect
Old 07-16-2017, 12:33 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

OK so the server binaries are way too old, and the database still has blobs in it, other issues as well. Pathing, NPC creation, all kinds of things are super bugged. I will be using Akka's installer to make a new install and I'm just gonna have to plug in the augments and add new augment slots all over again. But I'm gonna make the augments so you don't need a custom spell file. Progression requirements will go out the window, and peqzone will open. The quests from Lost World will have to be recreated. Lots of work to do. Unfortunately, that means a database wipe. Too many tables and fields to be updated to do them manually. It would take me a month.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:50 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Are we looking at down time then? Was having fun :(