Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Default Adding new AAs?

This may be a really dumb question, but I've searched all over, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

My wife logged into EZServer, and saw that her toons had a number of new AA available. These were generally "extensions" of the AA that are already available, such as a second round of Ferocity (from DoD expansion), etc. Since it seems that EZServer is the bar I'm being held to, I clearly have a LOT of work ahead of me! (/laugh)

So I tried playing around with the altadv_vars files, as well as the aa_effects (I didn't mess with any active ones), and basically broke them to the point where I just reloaded the backup tables.

Is there any (relatively) simple way to add AAs, either 1) as additional tiers (so currently there are 5 tiers, now there are 10) or 2) As an additional line, adding 5 more tiers through the new "line"?

I learned a lot about how these work from the experimentation I did, but clearly I'm missing something.... any help would be appreciated!

One last question-- Is there anywhere that I could find a schema for the whole DB? The wikka version is helpful for looking up fields & their purposes, but I was really thinking more along the lines of a table-map, like I'd see fo an SQL/Oracle database where the joins are represented clearly by lines between the tables? If there isn't one already, would anyone else find this useful if I eventuially put one together?

Thanks all in advance!

<edited for a typo>
Old 09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The new AAs were added by Kayen, and are available in the PEQ database (https://code.google.com/p/projecteqdb/downloads/list) or you can source each individual update found in the EQEmu SVN. All of the changes are contained within the altadv_vars, aa_actions, and aa_effects tables, so if you have a custom DB you need only replace/update those tables.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Thank you! Must have been a fairly recent update, since I only "built" the server we are using about a mointh ago. Really appreciate it!

Now to look at the differences beteen the old/new tables, so I can figure them out! =))
Old 09-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Kayen
Developer

Customizing actual AA's in the altadv_vars table is a bit complicated and I don't recommend it unless you have a firm understanding of how they are actually coded, else you will very quickly break your table.

However, you can with no risk customize the the values in the aa_effects table, so for example if you want Innate Run Speed 3 to make your faster then what live gives, go find the aaid for Run Innate Speed in the aa_effects table then you can change the base 1 value (ie live is 25, so if you want it faster make it say 40)

Kayen
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Thanks, Kayen- I've noticed that's it's really tricky!! After playing around a little (and then having to copy back my backup several times!!), I've decided that thi is something I had best leave to the experts (like you!).

Thanks to all of the folks (even though I don't know who you are!) for all of your work/help on AAs, please know that we appreciate it!