Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Gyrepin
Fire Beetle

Default Zone Bootup - Error in GetWaypoints query

Almost there.

After creating my character on my local server, and upon hitting 'enter world', I get an error that the zone is unavailable. Digging through the console output on my five zones, one of them displayed the following output:

[Status] Zone Bootup: gfaydark (54)
Error in GetWaypoints query 'SELECT type,type2,wp1,wp2,wp3,wp4,wp5,wp6,wp7,wp8,w
p9,wp10,wp11,wp12,wp13,wp14,wp15,wp16,wp17,wp18,wp 19,wp20,wp21,wp22,wp23,wp24,wp
25,wp26,wp27,wp28,wp29,wp30,wp31,wp32,wp33,wp34,wp 35,wp36,wp37,wp38,wp39,wp40,wp
41,wp42,wp43,wp44,wp45,wp46,wp47,wp48,wp49,wp50 from grid where id = 1127 and zo
neid = 0' #1054: Unknown column 'zoneid' in 'where clause'
Time Broadcast Packet: EQTime [02:10 pm]
[Status] Zone Shutdown: gfaydark (54)

The section between the two [Status] indicators repeated several times.

I have some idea what the problem is (the zoneid column doesn;t exist in the database table). But I have no idea how to fix it.

Help?

Thanks.
-Gyre
Old 05-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Gyrepin
Fire Beetle

I'm goin to try the updated database files at
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14319
I'll let you know how it goes.

-Gyre
Old 05-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Gyrepin
Fire Beetle

Well, after updating the databases I stillg et the same result when starting a woodelf ranger - zone not available.

In addition, I tried to start a human ranger in sfg and ended up with a server unavailable error, then was kicked out into server selection. I think I recall seeing that in the forums; so I'll go dig for it.

In the meantime, I'll check back periodically to see if anyone has posted here. So don't be afraid. :P

-Gyre
Old 05-03-2004, 06:13 PM
wdrng123
Fire Beetle

Hmmmm. I think you've got another problem besides the waypoint errors. I've got the same problem with the waypoint loads, but I AM able to enter my world. I just end up with no NPC's or mobs moving anywhere.
However, which files did you source your database with? I used TCMyWorld's alpha 1 and 2 databases, and I've got some starting point issues. When I started up, zone.exe said it couldn't load the starting points table and was resorting to defaults. I can still log in, but not all the start points are correct.

Another thing could be that you're Zones are locked. When I first setup my server, world.exe couldn't find the zones. Everything still ran, but since the server couldn't see the zones running it poped up as locked.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:23 AM
paleequinox
Fire Beetle

The GetWaypoints error is due to a missing column it is looking for in your database. To fix this locate the grid table in the database and add a column named zoneid type int, then populate this column with the zoneid. Well actually all you need is the column added to the DB and mob wnadering should return and waypoint error should go away I can only image this is going to be used for zone specific pathing. This should fix the waypoint problem and wandering mob pathing. Still playing with this column myself...

Hope this helps!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:51 AM
wdrng123
Fire Beetle

Thanks!!
I'll give it a try after my PC finishes re-authoring a DVD later today.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:41 PM
wdrng123
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the info. I added zoneid to the grid table and I don't get the GetWaypoints errors anymore, but I still don't get wandering mobs.
Do you know if zoneid needs to go after a specific column in the grid table? (or maybe I need to populate zoneid ?)
Old 05-04-2004, 05:53 PM
paleequinox
Fire Beetle

placed it at the end of the waypoints and I also made it default to zero. Give that a try worked for me.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:04 PM
wdrng123
Fire Beetle

Okay thanks. I'm still mucking about with fixing Char creation on my 5.7 DR2 server, so I'll try it now while I'm at it.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:17 PM
wdrng123
Fire Beetle

Hey, woooohoooooo!!

My world is moving!! :lol:

Thanks paleequinox, it made for a great night. Got DR2 source recompiled with perl so now I have quests, and almost everything moves now!!

Allright!