Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:13 PM
fender_
Fire Beetle

Default Client crashing

I updated to 5.8 now, logged in and everything but when I connect to a server, it loads and stuff but when its done and is about to load the character selection screen, This comes up "Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed." I am using current live files, thats the problem right?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:20 AM
molimo140
Hill Giant

Old 09-08-2004, 03:33 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
It's because your Avatar pic is so hideously ugly.
What the HELL is the matter with you? Aren't there any nice people left on this board...

Quote:
I updated to 5.8 now, logged in and everything but when I connect to a server, it loads and stuff but when its done and is about to load the character selection screen, This comes up "Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed." I am using current live files, thats the problem right?
First, what do you mean by updated to 5.8....? Are you simply trying to play on the live compatible 5.8 server? If this IS the case all you need to do is follow the instructions listed HERE. If you are still unable to connect, make sure that you ARE patched up to live, and that you are starting your eq with the shortcut eqgame.exe -patchme method, and that there are NO spaces or blank lines in your eqhost.txt file....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-08-2004, 03:47 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by molimo140
It's because your Avatar pic is so hideously ugly.
This post is so ugly that I gave you a strike for it.

Stop flaming.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:52 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

wow. that was unexpected.

**warning** not a flame.

I'm a bit disturbed by the avatar myself ><
And i thought mine was disturbing enough with a severed pigs head. hehe

I remember when that guy popped around with that huge chubby kid doing his flabby flex pose. People made fun of him too but nobody got a strike.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
wow. that was unexpected.

**warning** not a flame.

I'm a bit disturbed by the avatar myself ><
And i thought mine was disturbing enough with a severed pigs head. hehe

I remember when that guy popped around with that huge chubby kid doing his flabby flex pose. People made fun of him too but nobody got a strike.

[``img]http://www.peqserver.com/retard.gif[/img]
Well yeah, the person with the avatar here didnt get a strike either, the person who flamed the person with the avatar did.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:32 AM
molimo140
Hill Giant

*doesnt see why people here cannot take jokes* I wasnt meaning to offend the person with the avatar, however i do apologize if i did...Im sorry for my spontaneous flaming, I shouldn't browse the forums in an off mood.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
fender_
Fire Beetle

Default Timeout error now.

Its ok I forgive you. Yes, I am trying to play on 5.8 live compatible servers. I followed the instructions, patched live, did the authorization block thing and when I tried to login it says Timeout error... guess I am out of luck. But one thing, my target for my eqgame shortcut says this.

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy\eqgame.exe" patchme

but you are saying use -patchme with the -, so it would look like this?

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy\eqgame.exe" -patchme

When its like that it doesnt work. Why is my avatar disturbing, tell me why.... lol
Old 09-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Zisct1
Sarnak

Default Same problem!

Ok, i am having the same problem with the whole "patchme" thing mine looks like "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe" patchme , exactly but if i try to take out the (") a window will pop up saying its a no go. I've tried tons of methods as well. Am i doing it wrong? Are the ("'s) supposed to be there?

BTW that avatar is the sexxors=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcguirk
cause there too busy keeping the crowd of blind idiots entertained.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:59 PM
paleequinox
Fire Beetle

recheck your eqhost.txt file and make sure it has no spaces and you have the correct port address for the 5.8 login it should be 5996 vs 5995 I believe...

Hope this helps
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Draupner
Hill Giant

that avatar is just ugly (tho not as bad as the chubby kid one)
Old 09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
fender_
Fire Beetle

Default FIXED

Ok that was the problem, thanky you samandhi and paleequinox for helping me figure this out.. it was An extra bracket in my eqhost that shouldnt of been there... /shurg

thx again
Old 09-08-2004, 02:29 PM
molimo140
Hill Giant

The Correct target line should be:

Code:
"C:\...\...\...\eqgame.exe" patchme
Replace the ...'s with your Everquest Directory. in place of the former "-" before patchme, is just a space. Try that.

It's the guy's hair...heh >&lt;
Old 09-08-2004, 03:24 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Ok that was the problem, thanky you samandhi and paleequinox for helping me figure this out.. it was An extra bracket in my eqhost that shouldnt of been there... /shurg
NP...

Quote:
Ok, i am having the same problem with the whole "patchme" thing mine looks like "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe" patchme , exactly but if i try to take out the (") a window will pop up saying its a no go. I've tried tons of methods as well. Am i doing it wrong? Are the ("'s) supposed to be there?
The "s are required because of the whitespace in the words program files... If it were in a different directory and there were no spaces in any of the words, then you would not need the quotation marks.. and yes the "-" (hyphen) does NOT need to be there if the quotes are there, just make sure it is outside of the quotes...

BUT, your problem doesnt lie in the method you use.. Yours is the fact that you are using everquest.exe... you need to make a shortcut to eqgame.exe.. If you use everquest.exe it will patch to live everytime and change your eqhost.txt file every single time...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Zisct1
Sarnak

Default Lame

Ok, im not understanding what you mean by no spaces...this is what mine looks like BEFORE i put the new stuff in
[LoginServer]
Host=eqlplogin1.everquest.com:15900

THEN i went to the guide followed it AGAIN got to the part (around step 5, Mewin's btw) about where you have to right click to save flie into the new eqhost , i tried to put it in directory, then it said i had one so i had to change name. Instead of doing that i deleted the old one. Saved the new one, went to check it and it was the same as the first one. THEN i did some editing, copied one from another forum and this is how it looks ATM
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5996

What do you think? well im hoping its the one gonna go try in a few minutes.

Thanks SOOO much everyone for helping!/Crosses his fingers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcguirk
cause there too busy keeping the crowd of blind idiots entertained.