Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:34 PM
dorkster7
Fire Beetle

Default umm says Eqhost dosent exist

ok so i try to create no account and it says (or even when i put in a accoun t anem and pass) it says " server/host cannot be found check eqhost.txt in everquest documents " i need the soultion and please someone help me out
Old 09-06-2004, 03:47 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Theres quite a few stickies out there. ... read a few of them. mainly the one about the new login and relating to 5.8
Old 09-07-2004, 12:10 AM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Are you trying to connect to 5.7 or 5.8. Your EQhost file is there it just needs to be changed the contents of it are incorrect. If your connecting to 5.7 it should say

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5995
for 5.8 it should be
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5996
Also one of the most important parts is remember to remove any spaces after those lines it will not work if you do not delete spaces after them. And when you copy from this board it automaticaly adds them. Please check for those things one or the other should solve your problem. Either that you logged in at a bad time when server was down.

Theres also a post out there for using 2 login servers incase one is down i dont know the code off the top of my head but its pretty recent and you should be able to find it easy its optional as long as the server your playing on has taken the required steps to use both.[/code]
Old 09-08-2004, 12:00 PM
dorkster7
Fire Beetle

when i do that do i keep the "host=" in there or take it out?
Old 09-08-2004, 12:15 PM
molimo140
Hill Giant

Keep Host= in there, copy Monalin's code exactly.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Quote:
when i do that do i keep the "host=" in there or take it out?
I just have one comment... The answer to this question is very easy, first of the answer is right in front of your eyes, second is you could try it both ways, and thirdly there are billions of posts with instructions on how to set your eqhost.txt file. I will sum this up in saying that nearly everything I learn, and i'm sure same with many others, is by simply trying things. If your not sure if you should keep the "Host=" in there then by all means try it withought it and try it with it it will only work one way. And i assure you that you will get your answer much quicker. Also if your wondering why its not working even with it in there it is possibly because your putting "host=" instead of "Host=" i think its case sensative, possibly not but if you were asking because it was not working try that.

Process of elimination is the best way to come about solveing a problem.

And incase you still dont get what i'm saying and the post above me did not answer your question, yes you keep "Host=" in there.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:45 PM
dorkster7
Fire Beetle

Default thanks ok new question

its late at night and i dont have enough time to go searching for info and because you guys help out alot im gonna ask here.....
Ok when i do creat accound or login it just automaticlly quits soooo help if u can please

EDIT~~ummm im not sure if this is problem but can someone word for word copy the entire eqhost.exe file for me i have seen about 2 or 3 versions of it
Old 09-08-2004, 03:48 PM
paleequinox
Fire Beetle

The eqhost file will change depending on which login server you are trying to connect too... So that begs the question which one are you trying to play on ???

I also believe someone threw out the exact answer to this in a few posts up. Just cut and paste the one from there and make sure you hit the del key a few times at the end of the second line then save the file and make it read only.

Hope this helps ya