Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Cran
Fire Beetle

Default New login accounts - invalid pass??

I just tried to make a 2nd account and the password i used wouldn't work, so i made another account to try that and I got the same thing, I tried different variations of caps and other stuff what can i do to get them to work? Or is there a delay on how soon i can login?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:14 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Did you use this script ?
Old 08-28-2004, 07:45 AM
sebber
Fire Beetle

i did make such an account and it still says acc and passw are invalid
Old 08-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Ademonde
Hill Giant

Waayyy back in the day there was a delay for the name and pw to be recognized... don't know if that's still in effect though (have the same account from a year and 8 months ago)

AKA - Dread
Old 08-28-2004, 11:30 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Sometimes you can fix this by just exiting and restarting the client. From time to time I get an invalid user/pass error on EQLive, even though I make sure I typed it correctly. I exit and restart the client, and I can get in (and it tells me there have been a few failed logins since my last successful one). Maybe it's something wierd with the client.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:52 AM
MagnifiedX
Fire Beetle

Yeah, I'm getting the exact same error as well, having used that script as well as having tried to change the password.

Also attempted to make a login from the other side of things, which it took, but it won't let me log in at all.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Erratic_Knight
Fire Beetle

same error for me to. I did all the above and restarted my client ect. Still i recieve an invalid password...

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
mattmeck

Not sure if this is still an issue or not but the last 2 accounts I activeated took 2-3 days before I could login under them
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Not sure if this is still an issue or not but the last 2 accounts I activeated took 2-3 days before I could login under them
This same thing happened to me when making a new account...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-07-2004, 09:56 AM
brandonlamb
Fire Beetle

BUMP

this should be in the users guide!!! i have spent since like 10am yesterday trying to get this damn thing working, hehe... kept giving me invalid username password, i figured it must be connecting to something to get that error but i was typing the right un/pw (forum passowrd)

is there a link to http://www.eqemulator.net/eqaccount.php anywhere on the site that is obvious??
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM
paleequinox
Fire Beetle

Don't forget if you are using a previously created account to remove the authorization block if you wish to login into the new 5.8 login server.

I kinda missed this with my initial return to EQEmu and was stuck for a wee bit when it would just say my name\password was invalid.

Info can be found here http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16882

Happy Happy! Joy Joy!