Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 05:08 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Default Temporary Disconnect Error?

Hey all. I had a weird thing happen... I was playing earlier today from an outside connection to my home server. I made a new SK, started in East Freeport. When I attempted to zone into West Freeport, I was disconnected to Server Select. Logged back in, couldn't "Enter World," kept going back to Server Select. A few hours later, game loaded like normal with no issues.

Got home and checked the server terminal, and found this error:
Code:
[Error] GetAuth() returned false kicking clientLoginserver:  		
Client disconnected (cs=d): No name
Does anyone know what this means and what was causing it? And also, if there's a fix to prevent it? Thanks.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:25 AM
dclarkpf
Fire Beetle

I'm by no means an expert in eqemu.... But sure I'll take a stab.

It looks like getAuth returned false.. It basically loops through all connected clients looking for a particular persons login information. I bet what happened is that the zone & world thought you were disconnected while login still had you connected. If you have someone else trying to access your account. or perhaps you tried to log in twice for some reason, you could see this kind of behavior. I would login, and then try to log in again to see if you can recreate it... I'm just trying to shed some light on what might have been going on.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:10 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclarkpf View Post
I'm by no means an expert in eqemu.... But sure I'll take a stab.

It looks like getAuth returned false.. It basically loops through all connected clients looking for a particular persons login information. I bet what happened is that the zone & world thought you were disconnected while login still had you connected. If you have someone else trying to access your account. or perhaps you tried to log in twice for some reason, you could see this kind of behavior. I would login, and then try to log in again to see if you can recreate it... I'm just trying to shed some light on what might have been going on.
Hey hey, thanks for the reply. Since I made this thread, I realized that this problem was more than an isolated event. I've installed two different versions of Linux now (Ubunut 18.04 LTS and Fedora 30) and I can recreate the error 100% of the time when connecting from an outside connection. What I don't know, though, is if this issue is unique to my server (and/or Linux) and if there's a way to fix it, or if this is a bug in the server software itself.

And also, this error occurs with only 1 person connected (on an outside connection) and the first time they attempt to zone anywhere, every time. If I'm connected via LAN, the game works perfectly.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Why do we have two threads for this?
Old 07-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Uleat
Developer

Please see this thread for continued support:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42518

Compilin' Dirty
Closed Thread