Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 AM
rwyatt85
Fire Beetle

Default Anyone validated a clean install via script lately?

I'm just starting to dip my toes into standing up a server for the first time. I built a brand new Windows 10 x64 virtual machine last night, fully patched it, then downloaded the Windows Installer payload and ran the included script, following the instructions on the Wiki.

First run of the script threw an error about "world" not being a recognized command, then hung shortly after. I read some other folks here saying that the install script some times takes two runs, so I re-started it and it finished, albeit with several random warnings/errors output to the console in the process. (sorry, didn't screen-cap it, not sure if it logs to a file)

I'm able to start up the server services via the script (5 windows open, all appear healthy)

I tweaked the config files (Note: Wiki instructions still refers to the .ini file that's now a json file) and even played with these for a few hours swapping out loopback and my actual LAN ip in different combinations, but ultimately my issue is this...

With a properly pointed SoF2 game client, I get stuck at the logging in screen (the one *before* the server list). I do see the login server window acknowledging my client connecting to it, but that's where things stop moving forward.

According to the changelogs, the developers have been pushing some pretty big changes in the last couple weeks...so I'm wondering if maybe I just have bad timing and tried to do this at a time that the clean installation routine has some fresh bugs in it.

So...can anyone confirm a fresh install is working right now, so I know that the problems on my side somewhere?
Old 10-08-2019, 10:57 PM
rwyatt85
Fire Beetle

I figured this out after getting some sleep. I got "SoF" and "RoF" mixed up while interpreting the instructions, so I was using the wrong ports for my client/server config. Wanted to update before anyone wasted any time on me.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Mlepnos
Fire Beetle

Can you post your login.json and eqemu_config.json? I've had the same run of issues as you, with the post-Sept 16th script, and have had nothing but trouble. Are you utilizing login.ini as well?

I get to the point where I can see my server listed in the server selection area but after clicking it to continue to load the game, eqgame.exe goes to a black screen and no further progress is made.

I've used a SoF iSO installation and a fully patched EverQuest installation on Steam.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Uleat
Developer

The SoF iso 'should' work so long as it's not patched in any way and the eqhost file points to port 5998.

Any current steam client, unpatched or otherwise, is not compatible with EQEmu servers.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Mlepnos
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
The SoF iso 'should' work so long as it's not patched in any way and the eqhost file points to port 5998.

Any current steam client, unpatched or otherwise, is not compatible with EQEmu servers.

I figured as much. I was just trying it as a troubleshooting step. I did have my SoF client pointing at 5998 and it was a straight installation from the iSOs I made from my physical retail disks.