Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 03-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Classic_inc
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a Mentor/helper

Hello everyone!

My name is Nate and i have been messing around with EQEmu as of late and have gotten very interested. I have quite a bit of time on my hands and would love to dig deep into the eq emu world. I started up a server on a VPS and got it all running and have just started getting into the deeper parts of the DB. I am now going to be digging deeper into the source and am going to start to work on the reengineering of the current live source and dumb it down to a classic source. I know there are many ways to take the PEQ (wonderful job by the way) and dumb it down to make a classic server. This is not what I'm looking to do i want to take the PEQ and strip it down to the fundamentals of a pre Kunark build. I know this will take lots of time and detection. I have been getting familiar with the frame works and will slowly move my way through this. What i am really looking for is some more senior people to help bounce questions off of that would be willing to giving me some of there time. I know time is important and i am a big believer in not waisting some ones time so i will only ask if i have exhausted all my efforts before asking for help. I have my VPS set up for Remote desktop as well as the ability to share screen for easy help.

Thank you in advanced!
-Nate