Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

Default WoWEmu

Does anyone know anything about any current World of Warcraft emu projects going around, and possibly close to the community of eqemu's size?

I have heard a few people talk about emulated wow servers, and i havent been able to find anything (yet).

Guildwars on world of warcraft would be amazing.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:06 AM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

no one knows anything?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Krugus
Sarnak

Default ...

G o o g l e ?

I found it a few months back had it up and running then found a Linage2 Emu, played with it for abit. Decided to look for EQ and found EQEmu (there is even a DAoC EMU out there as well). Just have to Gooooooooooooole and do some searching IE Footwork. Its there, you might have to do a few hops skips and jumps to find it but its there.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:28 PM
killhand
Fire Beetle

HERE is one, You can also do a search for Mangos.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 AM
diesalot
Fire Beetle

Default WoW servers

Hi all. I played here on eqemu for maybe 2 years. Armaand, Qesym, DiesAlot to name a few of me. I've totally erased EQ from my machine and moved into WoW emu. I play here.

http://www.xaoswow.org/site/index.php

Unfortunatly, their server code is not open source, so finding a decent server is very hard to do. From what I'm told from people that bounce from server to server, Xaos is the equivalent of Winter's Roar. Large player base with minimal lag and bugs.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:41 PM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default Bah

WOW sucks. stick with EQ. much better.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:41 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

For your info the best place to get info about running a WoW server is here (yes, running Emus is a hobby of mine):

http://forum.uw-crew.org/

This is where they release the lastest and greatest WoWEmu and Mangos stuff out there. WoWEmu is further along that Mangos but its all TCL scrpited and it's a bit buggy at times, but the funnest. Mangos is still in development.

You download re-packs of the vanilla UWC server which give you all the scripts both client and server side to get things going. I mess around with the AFG funserver (lots of custom content) and Neils Repack because they are the most "done". The fun thing though about the TCL scripting is that you can tweak the heck out of everything without compiling, although if more than 30-50 people log on to your system it becomes a lag/crash fest.

Xoaswow is probably based on the closed source wowow engine which is more like the traditional MySQL/Server setup that EQEmu has (Mangos will be the open source implementation like this), which is a lot more stable.

I would say that EQEmu is better done and further along.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw
(yes, running Emus is a hobby of mine):
Hehe, Crab. Me too. I am currently haunting the Earth and Beyond Emulator project as well... talk about a challenge - no servers to go sniff anymore. :(
Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 PM
urban-warfare
Fire Beetle

I know that WoW has private servers, although I'm not really sure if that qualifies as an emulator. I believe you can run it just from your computer, no internet, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Wow have real emulator, with internet connection.
But blizzard is very hard towards the emulators, and the sites of support close the ones after the others.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.