Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:28 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Default Clarify on Akkadius repack

Id like to clarify a few things, and ask a simple question.

As the guide instructed, unpacked, checked db and all seems to be working.

But the game itself won't launch, i use the start.bat, checked loggs and nothing proclaims it's existence as an error.

I am a developer and server admin on several different sites, but nothing to eqemu extent.

Did i miss something? All i want atm is to run localhost version untill i can put it online for testing.

Main issue is - game won't start or execute, i am using the repack by Akkadius, must have missed something somewhere..

Thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 02:32 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
Id like to clarify a few things, and ask a simple question.

As the guide instructed, unpacked, checked db and all seems to be working.

But the game itself won't launch, i use the start.bat, checked loggs and nothing proclaims it's existence as an error.

I am a developer and server admin on several different sites, but nothing to eqemu extent.

Did i miss something? All i want atm is to run localhost version untill i can put it online for testing.

Main issue is - game won't start or execute, i am using the repack by Akkadius, must have missed something somewhere..

Thanks
If you freshly installed, make sure the MySQL service successfully started. You may need to reboot.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:43 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

HeidiSQL is running, my user in accounts has the loginserv ip address (assuming it is localhost)

As far as anything else goes, the guide just states, unpack and run basically yes? it is a fresh install of your repack EQEMU SERVER.

Ive missed something, i normally run servers on ubuntu, but that box is full and not something i wish to tackle due to it being inside a Datacentre in the city.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:51 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

To clarify, its not a local repack, it connects to the EQEmu Loginserver as it says.

How to connect:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Play_Gu...-4-eqhost-file
Old 03-15-2015, 03:16 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Yea, so it connects to the eqemu server and spits out all avail servers to play on, but i want to run eq on my windows box just locally, where i can change perl and lua scripts etc, i just want to run a solo version of eq for the time being, ive been playing on these online servers for the last few months now.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:19 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
Yea, so it connects to the eqemu server and spits out all avail servers to play on, but i want to run eq on my windows box just locally, where i can change perl and lua scripts etc, i just want to run a solo version of eq for the time being, ive been playing on these online servers for the last few months now.
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...er_Setup_Guide
Old 10-13-2020, 04:11 PM
hncwager3
Fire Beetle

Default what happened?

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/ seems to be down ?
Old 10-13-2020, 04:27 PM
joligario
Developer

A lot has changed. Try finding what you need at https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/