Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:09 AM
blacklucas1
Fire Beetle

Default Thinking about checking out some EQEmu servers

I've been on P99, and I've played some of the custom stuff. They've all been relatively decent, but I'm wondering what everybody else's recommendations would be? I'd be all for a progression server with a decent population, bonus points if it goes past Velious. All recommendations welcome! Just looking for some change from the usual live server grind.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

IMO, the best server is Imperium_EQ. It has a classic feel up until around lvl 50 and then you can start looking at the custom content. The server owner is very active and does a great job.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:05 PM
blacklucas1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklucas1 View Post
I've been on P99, and I've played some of the custom stuff. They've all been relatively decent, but I'm wondering what everybody else's recommendations would be? I'd be a 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com
ll for a progression server with a decent population, bonus points if it goes past Velious. All recommendations welcome! Just looking for some change from the usual live server grind.

With populations the way they are on Emu servers sometimes groupable content is hard to come by. For me at least choosing when you play and how you play is refreshing and honestly thankful for this whole Emu community. Hope you find what your looking for but there are a lot of choices to be had.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:27 PM
Eastwood
Fire Beetle

I really enjoy PEQ The Grand Creation (PEQTGC).

It's live like, it's the gold standard of EQEMU. The trick is, you need to learn how to "box". I was apprehensive at first, loving classic EQ original trilogy content. However, being able to play on demand, to log in for an hour or so, and do group, even raid content is fun. Managing a "crew" or "army" is actually a lot of fun. You get to enjoy all the loot, all the classes, all the spells. Socializing works in the form of combining a few boxers into raids. I'll do the upper end Gates of Discord or Omens of War Content with about 1-4 other folks. Same with PoP Gods like Rallos Zek.

Ive been playing PEQTGC since 2011 when P99 was getting DDoSd all those years ago. I really prefer it.