Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 AM
senseless
Fire Beetle

Default Out of date wikki

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...indowsServer70

is out of date.. An admin might want to change this so people dont waste 6 hours of their time only to come up empty handed..

To be specific, mysql no longer offers pre-compiled binaries of older version of mysql such as the link provided. Your only option is to download a newer version of mysql (4.1) which is incompatible with the activeperl mysql lib that is installed..

you end up with:

[Error] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

the least you can do is add..

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

to the wikki so that users dont get frustrated like I did.. (Have to download everything from a cybercafe because I live in the philippines and the phone companies are retarded..)

Oh, and cavedude's autoinstaller wont auto-install the cavedude database.. And it deletes the files so I cant manually install them.. I also can't read any of the errors if any that pop up because the installer calls cmd to insert data to the sql database instead of using perl which can feed back errors.. I love it..

Last edited by senseless; 02-23-2007 at 01:48 PM..
Old 02-23-2007, 07:40 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

Thats the beauty of a wiki if you don't like it change it. thats the only way it will get done.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM
mattmeck

The community keeps the wiki going not the admin / devs.... we have enough on our plates.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Oh no! it's *much* easier to whine about it and then do nothing.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 AM
senseless
Fire Beetle

Mattmeck & rojadruid, my apologies.. I didn't realize that you relied on users to run and update the wikki..

Once I get it successfully installed I'll create a fresh guide..

Angelox,

Yes, I was frustrated.. Being on dialup after having not had to use dialup for 6 years is very frustrating.. So, please excuse my whine. Other than that, fuck you and have a nice day.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseless
Other than that, fuck you and have a nice day.
If you would have researched these forums first, you'd have learned that we've all been though this already (on how to update the Wikki). There wasn't even a need to start this thread. I thought you would have already read some of the endess posts here on WikkI and was just whining.
If you had a problem with me or my post, you could have PM'd Mattmeck and complained (read forum rules).
So now you're banned (for telling me to fuck myself), and since I've never had to ban anyone, I'll let Matt decide how long.

Last edited by Angelox; 02-25-2007 at 10:13 AM..
Old 02-25-2007, 02:27 AM
senseless2
Fire Beetle

I figured that ban was coming.. Yes, as i've already said.. I'm on dialup, finding things searching through thread after thread takes hours.. Which by the way, I did, that is how I answered my questions in the first place.. You sure as hell didn't give me any help.. And all that was before I posted my first message, thanks.

Yes, fuck you.

I'm an elitist, anti-social, friend-less, pencil dick which made me quit playing everquest in the first place. The sarcasm in the first message pointed me out like a white man in africa.

Time for a ban on this account too.. I deserve it

Last edited by Angelox; 02-25-2007 at 11:03 AM..
Closed Thread