Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:14 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

Default ***HELP PLZ*** Cant figure out how to start this

Before you bust me for "not looking at other posts" i HAVE, ive done all necessary file changes and what not and i just dont know what to do, please help!

Vox
Old 01-22-2004, 01:08 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
i just dont know what to do, please help!

What to do with what?

Running a server?

Playing on a server?
Old 01-22-2004, 03:02 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

Default yes playing

just playing, wanna get down basics 1st, wanna see the gameplay, then eventually work my way to creating my own server, but ive made the mods to theoretically make it work but its not, dont point me to another post cuz ive been to all relative ones. could u just give me a quick run down to get playing?
thanks

Vox
Old 01-22-2004, 03:05 PM
mattmeck

If you cant follow the step by step guide on how to play I dont think that the EMU is for you.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:07 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

Default IT IS IT IS!

My friend is coming over tomorrow to help me but im just really anxious...send me a link that is your "guide" and ill reply to see if thats what i did
thanks

Vox
Old 01-22-2004, 03:12 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
send me a link that is your "guide
In your original post you stated

Quote:
Before you bust me for "not looking at other posts" i HAVE,
and in the words of the developers

Quote:
If you can't even read the name of the links on the main page, we do not want you playing.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:14 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

Default Another thought...

I know i dont appear like the biggest comp buff but i can kinda hack my way through what i need to do...ive spent a couple hours trying to figure out how the hell i can get this thing to work but in the end the numbers just flood me....damn you algebra 2...anyhow, perhaps you could make it a little more user friendly. Your play guide is simple, i followed it through start to finish but still cant get it to run

This is just a long bump if u didnt catch on

Vox
Old 01-22-2004, 03:16 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
anyhow, perhaps you could make it a little more user friendly
It cant get more user friendly then change your EQ HOST to this, do this next then this then play.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:18 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

Default Meck = bigheadded jerk?

Perhaps you dont have many people playing on Emu is b/c you shoot them down. You are not one to determine who is and who isnt the "one" to play.

Ive seen you destroy many others in forums needlessly. Ive followed all of your instructions and it still doesnt work. Show me where i messed up without acting like a d1ck and i will shut up. If you can realize your instructions are perfect, then help me and show some compassion.

Vox
Old 01-22-2004, 03:22 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Perhaps you dont have many people playing on Emu is b/c you shoot them down
It was the developers who make the rules and they decide who gets to play.

Quote:
You are not one to determine who is and who isnt the "one" to play.
Actualy yes the developers are, They decided on the rules I help enforce them, you cant follow them thats your issue.

Quote:
Ive seen you destroy many others in forums needlessly.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, dosnt mean there right.

Quote:
Ive followed all of your instructions and it still doesnt work. Show me where i messed up without acting like a d1ck and i will shut up. If you can realize your instructions are perfect, then help me and show some compassion.
You DIDNT follow the instruction or it WOULD work, and how can I tell you where you messed up when you didnt follow directions and tell us what you did?
Old 01-22-2004, 03:26 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

This is a tutorial on how to play on a public EQEMu server. If you are new to EQEMu, this post is for you!

Merth wrote:

Patch To EQLive

Run the normal Everquest patcher to bring your files up to date. You can verify that your files are up to date by connecting to the Sony servers and playing around on a character.

Point EQ to EQEMu

Open Notepad: Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad

Inside of Notepad, Click File -> Open

Navigate to your EQ directory (Typically c:\program files\everquest)

Open the file eqhost.txt

REPLACE everything in the file with the following:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
}

Save the file

Change your Data Rate
NOTE: This section is still being investigated

Open Notepad: Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad

Inside of Notepad, Click File -> Open

Navigate to your EQ directory (Typically c:\program files\everquest)

Open the file DataRate.txt

REPLACE everything in the file with the following:

Save the file

Make shortcut to run EQEMu

Open Windows Explorer

Navigate to your Everquest directory. Typically, this is c:\program files\everquest.

Locate the file eqgame.exe. This may take a while!

Using the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON, click and drag eqgame.exe from Windows Explorer to the desktop. This is what you should see:

In the menu that pops up after you complete the drag, select Create Shortcuts Here

A new icon has now been created on your desktop.

Right click on the newly created icon and select "Properties" on the menu.

In the Properties window that pops up, find the Target field on the Shortcut tab.

At the end of the text in this field, add a space with the space bar and then type in the word patchme. You should see something like the following:

Click OK in the properties window to save your change.

Create a forum account.

Visit http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/pro...?mode=register to create a forum account. If you already have one, there's no need to create another.

Play EQEMu!

Double click on the icon created above on your desktop
NOTE: If you receive the message "Please run EverQuest.exe", you forgot to add patchme to your shortcut - which is part of this tutorial!

Logon to EQ like normal - USE YOUR FORUM ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD TO LOGON TO EQEMU. Do not use your Sony station name and password.

If you receive the message "Invalid station name", you forgot to change eqhost.txt - which is part of this tutorial!

Connect to any servers that have a version number 0.5.0 or greater. You will not be able to connect to any previous versions.

Doesnt work ~ i followed every bit...wtf?

Vox[/quote]
Old 01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
mattmeck

still waiting for you to say what dosnt work.......
Old 01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

Default wrong version?

could be version issue, can i get a link?
if it is version prollem...my bad /spam bonk me
Old 01-22-2004, 03:29 PM
mattmeck

what dosnt work, what is the issue???? can you get past the login, or is it your name / pass??? or do you get an error when you try to log into a server? dose it crash? or any one of 100 other issues
Old 01-22-2004, 03:30 PM
TheVox
Fire Beetle

lol i can understand ur standing point...........

im not getting ANYWHERE, start from scratch, where i need to RUN the file that starts the Emu up, in the guide, that was not mentioned