Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:46 AM
deafercon
Fire Beetle

Default looking for the player guide, lost.

Hello,

first off sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure if this fit into support or just a general question, new here.

I keep seeing references to some player guide which includes instructions on how to get playing on the servers, but every link I've found to that guide are not so helpful (they all seem to go to an empty page wiki page or are just broken links) , So does anyone have the current link to the guide?

I have looked everywhere i can think of, found lots of pages for the server setup and info but and still no luck for this guide on setting up the client (aside from just changing the login server in eqhost)
Old 09-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

The whole support wiki is in the process of being moved/redone. It's new home is here :
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate.../how-to-guides (it's a work still in progress)
Old 09-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

The old resources should have been left instead of being removed completely or at the very least redirected to the new page as they were replaced.

Broken links, broken links as far as the eye can see...
Old 09-24-2019, 10:31 PM
deafercon
Fire Beetle

Thanks all, that helped to find the info I needed. Finally up and playing
Old 09-24-2019, 11:08 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm View Post
The old resources should have been left instead of being removed completely or at the very least redirected to the new page as they were replaced.

Customer service is not a developer's strong suit.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:21 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

I've learned to clone everything around here, before it disappears. Did that with the old,old wiki too
Old 09-25-2019, 06:16 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm View Post

Instead of criticizing, one should really be grateful that so many people sacrifice their free time here. And this time is also used to create a central, up-to-date wiki for the project, not scattered in 1000 threads in forums.
If you like, you can get involved there, e.g. in quality control. You don't even need programming knowledge - just free time and the desire to learn something.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:36 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalix View Post
Instead of criticizing, one should really be grateful that so many people sacrifice their free time here. And this time is also used to create a central, up-to-date wiki for the project, not scattered in 1000 threads in forums.
If you like, you can get involved there, e.g. in quality control. You don't even need programming knowledge - just free time and the desire to learn something.
You are assuming that he is not grateful for the work done by the many people that spend their free time on this project, when he is offering a solution which is to place a link there forwarding you to the info in the new spot as they go. This is how new ideas and new ways are introduced. No one can improve anything if constructive criticism can not be given, and taken for what it is "feed back". They have the choice to ignore it or say hay, that is a good idea we can go forward with that.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:05 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Join the discord and check the #eqemu-docs

Literally being ported over.